Your Best Recipes (YBR) October Roundup, Yum and Wow!

“Trick-or-treat, smell my feet , Give me something good to eat “ Happy Halloween and boy do I have something good to eat for you! Welcome everybody to the 1st edition of YBR or Your Best Recipe! First I’d like to thank all of you who have chosen to participate this month and I am looking forward to your submissions next month. To the others who are not submitting, thank you for your kind words and all of the support. I hope that perhaps you’ll join us next month.

As I started receiving submissions the words that kept repeating in my mouth (and stomach) were WOW and Oh YUM! Some I was happily reminded of and others were ones I had missed. So I feel that my mission with this YBR event is on a good direction. Ladies and gentlemen here are the scrumptious, drool inducing, Your Best Recipes from October. Please stop by all of these very talented foodies’ blog’s and leave them a kind comment and tell them you saw their recipe on YBR. (The photos are presented in the order of which I received them. A first come first serve so to speak.)

*Notice : Unfortunately those participants that have removed the YBR button/badge from their blog can no longer be included in the roundup. Thank you for understanding.*

Cinnamon Ricotta Cookies
Kristie, THE BLOOMING SPOON, Cinnamon Ricotta Cookies
COMFORTING ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
Kim McDougal, Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet, COMFORTING ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
Feather Rolls
Susan, COOK WITH SUSAN, Feather Rolls
Dal/Lentils
Shirley, ENRICHING YOUR KID!, Dal/Lentils
Stuffed Baked Apples with Apple Velouté
Alisha,Adam and Grely, THE ARDENT EPICURE, Stuffed Baked Apples with Apple Velouté
Beer Cheese Soup
Lady Fromage, LADY FROMAGE, Beer Cheese Soup
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies  Red Velvet Cupcakes
Gina,What’s For Dinner Across State Lines, Peanut Butter Cup Blondies & Red Velvet Cupcakes
Pumpkin Blondies
Lisa, SWEET AS SUGAR COOKIES, Pumpkin Blondies
King of Ice Cream
Conor, HOLD THE BEEF, King of Ice Cream
Apple Gingerbread Cake
Rocio, APICIUS’ APPRENTICE, Apple Gingerbread Cake
Mont Blanc-Inspired Purple Sweet Potato Cakelets
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Rita, SAGE CUISINE, Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Ginger Lemon Cremes (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
Carolyn, ALL DAY I DREAM ABOUT FOOD, Ginger Lemon Cremes (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
Pumpkin Scones
Laura Bashar, THE FAMILY SPICE BLOG, Pumpkin Scones
Pumpkin Apple Bread Loaf
Stella, THE WITCHY KITCHEN, Pumpkin Scones
Oktoberfest Pizza
Heather, GIRLICHEF, Oktoberfest Pizza
Sukiyaki
Priscilla Willis, SHE’S COOKIN’, My Sukiyaki
Pumpkin Spice Latte In A Crockpot
Claudia, WHAT’S COOKING ITALIAN STYLE CUSINE, Pumpkin Spice Latte in a Crockpot for Partiesi
Caramel Apple Crostada
Evan,swEEts by E, Caramel Apple Crostada
Godfather Spaghetti
Nancy, SPICIE FOODIE, Godfather Shpaghetti

Comments

All of these recipes look really hearty and heartwarming! I would never have known about some of the other bloggers (and their best recipes) if you hadn't done this YBR round-up. Well done, and thanks for hosting, Nancy. Looking forward to next month's YBR – which reminds me, I'd better get cooking!

Oh wow, you're so right…everything is soooo droolworthy! This is such a wonderful event, Nancy…thanks so much for hosting it! After the craziness of today dies down, I'll be off to visit some of the wonderful sites! :)

Wow you did an awesome job on this lineup….love everything not sure where to start but going to visit everyone of these thanks for hosting this great line up awesome idea!

Wow, it's early and my stomach is empty-so empty (smile). This all looks so nice, and I really want to make Dennis' cake. That's just beautiful!
    Thanks for hosting such an awesome round up, Nancy. Ooh, and I can't wait for another as well as some tutorials. Maybe. Eh:)?!
    Happy Halloween, Nancy.
    Yours, Stella

Hi, this is Emily from EZ's Recipes over at Foodbuzz, thanks for inviting me over here! All of these dishes look amazing and delicious. I will stay tuned so that I can participate next month, I love stuff like this! Happy Halloween!

Hi Nancy
    Wow!! How lucky am I to be in that line up of great dishes!! Thanks for putting this together and allowing me to take part in this celebration of food!!
    Dennis

This has turned out fantastic! Thanks for the opportunity and all you hard work putting this together! Can't wait to check out all of the new recipes.

Thank you guys so much! I'm so happy that you are all enjoying the YBR roundup. All of the participants have such amazing recipes and it's so great to read all of your feedback. For those of you who missed it this month do join us next month. I'm feeling so great about the mission of this YBR, it's going in the perfect direction, YAY!

@Stella, Definitely tutorials are coming for next months roundup. I'm adding that to my mountain of To-do list :)

Happy Halloween to all of you! And keep those yummy recipes coming :)

This is great, I found you through Lisa of Sweet As Sugar Cookies. I will definitely be submitting something for November. Great round-up!

Sorry I didn't participate this month, Nancy. Will do next month! :) Next month should be a good one… there will be tons of wonderful thanksgiving recipes from those of us in the states.

WHat a fantastic blog , absolutely!!

Am loving it and also this gorgeous idea , i wanna still send u my oct entry but guess its late rite?
    Oh ur badge is super cute too, now i want to email sub to ur blog so that i never miss a post!

Thank you all and I do hope those of you who want to participate in next month's roundup will join us. I'll be posting the announcement and reminder for it later in the month.

Oh wow Nancy… congratulations on your 1st monthly line up! I have seen a few of these but there are several that I have not :)
    Amazing page of delights!!!
    Looking forward to next months :)

Hi Alisha, Thank you :) I am so happy at all of the beautiful photos and delicious recipes that were submitted. I owe a big thanks to all of you who participated for making the event such a great one. I am too looking forward to the next one. There are several new bloggers who want to join that one too, so it may be bigger than this month, how great!

Hi Nancy!
    Thank you so much for organizing this grand round up. Gives us a chance to promote our recipes/blog and well as meet other Foodies. I sm sure a lot of work went into this and it is appreciated. So happy I was luck enough to participate. I will stick around and plan for next month's YBR.
    You're the Star to have come up with this idea.
    Rita

Wonderful round up idea! Come over from Lisa's place (Sweet as Sugar Cookies). Been a busy time for me but I look forward to playing along in the future :-)

@Claudia, yes it is quite a full menu isn't it?
    @Rita,Martha,Emily,thepleasuremonger and Gourmet Getway, I do hope you all join us for the November YBR roundup. Look for the announcement later this month!