Internet is working at home now, wohoo!
**Hi guys, my internet provider is doing maintanance and we do not have internet acess at home. So right now I am at an internet cafe, and I will get back to all of you as soon as possible.**
Hi everyone, before I get to the announcement details I would like to take a moment to thank you. On Sunday when I announced to you guys my little secret project, I was so overwhelmed with the outpouring of sweet and kind comments, so much support, excitement, congratulations and friendship. I cannot thank you enough for all of your lovely comments and emails. Every time I think about all of this I get teary-eyed, I am truly touched. From the bottom of my heart many Thank Yous and big hugs to each and everyone of you. For those of you that have already ordered your cookbook, Thank you, and I hope you get them soon. I’d love to see photos of you guys holding my cookbook. It would be a great idea to do a showcase here on Spicie Foodie of all my wonderful foodie friends with the cookbook, so send those to me if you’d like to participate and I will also add a link on the images to your blogs.
The other thing I want to tell you guys is that in celebration of the release of An Epiphany of the Senses, I will be hosting a $75 CSN giveaway. I will have more details on that as well as a brand new recipe for you in the next couple of days.
On to the November YBR announcement:
Your Best Recipe, a monthly roundup of your best recipes hosted by Spicie Foodie. There are no limitations as to what you can submit, anything goes. No limits on your kitchen nor photography skill, everyone is invited to join. This is not a competition, it is just a showcase of great food being cooked all over the world. And here is how you can participate :
Requirements to participate:
1. It has to be a recipe that you published in November, and it has to be a recipe that you feel was your favorite one posted that month. It can be anything your heart desires. Your submitted recipe can be your own creation or one that you adapted from another foodie, just give them credit on your post.
2. Sign up to November’s roundup by using the Linky form provided below this post. (It is the “Click Here to Enter” button. AND please link to your blog NOT the recipe you are submitting for the YBR. Your thumb doesn’t have to be the recipe you are submitting, it can be your profile or blog photo.) This is so we can get an idea of who will be joining each roundup. You can also leave a comment telling us you will be joining the YBR event.
3. You must choose and display any of the following badges to invite your visitors to the roundup being hosted here. ( I will double check to make sure everyone has added a badge to their blog.)
Right click images to save or get code to embed on your site here:
The badge below, you can add a small thumb of your dish. If you need help or would like the PSD file just shoot me an email, or read the tutorial here YBR Badge Tutorial (how to insert your photo). If you still can’t add your photo to the badge below, you can ask me to create a badge in the same email you send in your submission. Some participants like to use this badge below on a new blog post inviting their readers to see the roundup. You can wait until I have posted the roundup to get the link for it.
This small button can be added to a post and/or your blog’s side bar, if you wish.
4. By the 29th of November please email me atspiciefoodie (@) gmail.com the following:
1. Your Name, Blog Name, Name and link to your chosen recipe published in November.
2. A small image size of your dish (either 300px wide for a landscape orientation image or 300px high for a portrait orientation image). See sample below. If you do not know how to size the image, just send what you have to me and I’ll size it down. You must own the photo, and it cannot be a creative commons or public domain photo.
On November 30, the last day of the month, I will post the roundup photos with a link to each of your sites and recipes. It would also be good if you invite your readers to the roundup by also posting a new blog entry or mentioning your participation in a new post (the last day of the month or after) on your blogs with a YBR badge and a link to the roundup here on Spicie Foodie. This way we can all help spread the YBR submitted love around even more!
If you need any help or clarifications post a comment on the announcement post or send me an email. I am really excited to see all of your submissions again this month. I know once again it will be a feast for our eyes! Help me spread the word and tell all of your foodie friends, thanks.