Your Best Recipes of 2010 (YBR Special Edition)

**PLEASE READ THE RULES FOR THIS MONTHS YBR, THEY ARE DIFFERENT. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES I WON’T BE ABLE TO INCLUDE YOU IN THE ROUNDUP** THANK YOU.

Before I get to the YBR announcement I need to ask you guys something to help me out on my first photography tutorial I am going to be posting soon. What photo editing software do you use? Please provide the name and version of the software you use (for example Photoshop CS5). If you do not use any please say so in your comment. Thank you.

2010 best recipes, Show me Your Best Recipes, the best recipes of 2010, food blogger's best 2010 recipe, YBR, your best recipes,participate, event, roundup, round up, foodie event

December’s YBR (Your Best Recipe) is going to be a little bit different from the previous months. I had been kicking around the idea of hosting two YBRs this month to 1. Showcase your December recipes and 2. Showcase your best recipe for 2010. But everyone is super busy this month with the holidays leaving us with little to no extra time. So the best solution for this is to host “Your Best Recipes of 2010″. In the previous roundup I asked what you guys thought and the majority liked the best of 2010. I’m announcing the YBR earlier this month to give you guys as much time possible to pick your recipe and sign up.

RULES TO PARTICIPATE:
1. If you want to participate sign up using the Linky form below. When it asks you for the link just use your blogs main URL, (for example mine would be : http://spiciefoodie.blogspot.com/). When it asks you for the photo use your profile photo or avatar, it shouldn’t be the recipe’s photo. When you are asked for the Caption or Title use the name of your blog or your name only, do not use the recipe name.

2. Choose a recipe(one) from your blog that was posted in 2010. Choose a recipe that you feel was your favorite, your biggest culinary accomplishment or just plainly said your best recipe of 2010! REMEMBER there are no limits to who can participate nor your culinary level nor photography skills are important. I am looking for passion and love for what you do.

3. Email the following to me : Your name, Your blog’s name, Your blog’s URL, Your recipe’s name, the link to your recipe, and 1 photo for your recipe which will be used on my roundup. **PLEASE EMAIL THIS TO ME NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 28TH ** to spiciefoodie (@) gmail.com

4. Don’t forget to grab your badge and place it somewhere on your blog. You can find the details for the badge here on the YBR dedicated page.

The round up will be published here on Spicie Foodie on December 30, 2010. It would be great if you also invited your readers to come and see your best recipe of 2010 on the roundup here. (Your individual photos will link back to your chosen recipes.) I know it is going to be challenging for you to pick just one of your recipes, but I think it’s a great way for all of you to “show off” and be proud of your favorite 2010 recipe.

I can’t think of a better way to end 2010 than by showcasing “Your Best Recipes of 2010″ I’m so excited!

Comments

Wow, all of 2010…will you pick for me, lol
    I use GIMP and Photoshop CS5, but I am very new to Photoshop. I really am new to photo editing completely and just scratching the surface so far so I am completely looking forward to your tutorials :)

I started with PhotoImpression 4, but swiched on picnik.com, I like it much more. Also, I can't wait for Dec. picks…:) it will be fun!:)

@Magic of Spice, Haha nope :) It's going to be hard I know, but neat I think:) Hope I can share a little bit of my small knowledge. But I think every little bit helps.

@Sandra, Thanks I didn't know those and will look into them. I can't wait either:)

@Green Girl, Well it's not a battle but rather a showcase of all great foodies in our community. I'm excited about it too:)

Yes Nancy every little bit helps. I haven't used any software other than picnic. It's simple, but I do want to buy something else down the road. Wow, I don't know what to choose, I will have to think about it. I know for me, I haven't been able to get on Foodgawker or others, when I make my pics smaller, even after sharpening them, they say they aren't sharp enough, maybe someone has a tip for me on that.
    -Gina-

I would love to participate, but not sure what this will take, going through evaluating comments, how do you pick your best?
    I would think you would go by popularity
    I dont use any kind of photoshopping. Just whatever my camera takes.

@Gina, Don't get discouraged. Foodgawker and Tastespotting turn down about half or more of my images. I get the sharpening reason as well as being too dark. I find it funny because then those images are accepted by my stock agencies. Just keep trying and don't give up because you are doing great!

@Claudia, Good:) Just pick a recipe that was your favorite or that you enjoyed the most. It's not about popularity, it's about how much you loved it.

Hey Nancy, I use Gimp 2-that's what it labels itself on my computer as at least. I'm actually starting to like it;-)
    Oh, and I'll pick my recipe soon, and send you the e-mail with all the info while posting the roundup on my blog…!

Oh, I forgot to mention the photo editor…I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager because it is included in the standard MS office suite of tools on my computer. I don't know a lot about photo editing so I can't say if it's a good tool but I can edit, crop, adjust contrast and basic stuff like that.