January YBR, In Top 10 and Top 100!

by Spicie Foodie on January 18, 2011

It’s time again for another edition of YBR! This month’s YBR roundup will be the first for 2011 and I’m excited to see how everyone has kicked off the new year. Before I move on to the information on how to participate in January’s YBR I would like to say Thanks. A few days ago I received notice that my cookbook, An Epiphany of the Senses, was among the top 100 cookbook’s selling on Lulu for the month of December.

Sweet! Thank you so much and obviously this wouldn’t have been possible without all of your support and purchases. Well if that wasn’t enough, My 2011 Calendar was also in the top 100 sellers for last month. Wait it gets even better, it also climbed to #7 in the best sellers for this week!
2011 calendar; 2011 food calendar; food calendar; An Epiphany of the Senses; cookbook; ethnic cookbook; ethnic cooking; ethnic food; recipes; spicie foodie; top selling; top 100 cookbooks; best selling; food blog; food blogger; foodie
How cool is that? Again thank you for your purchases, bear hugs for everyone!

January 2011 YBR announcement:
Show me Your Best Recipes
Your Best Recipe, a monthly roundup of your best recipes hosted by Spicie Foodie. There are no limitations as to what you can submit, anything goes. No limits on your kitchen nor photography skill, everyone is invited to join. This is not a competition, it is just a showcase of great food being cooked all over the world. And here is how you can participate :

Requirements to participate:
1. It has to be a recipe that you published in January, and it has to be a recipe that you feel was your favorite one posted that month. It can be anything your heart desires. Your submitted recipe can be your own creation or one that you adapted from another foodie, just give them credit on your post.

2. Sign up to January’s roundup by using the Linky form provided below this post. (It is the “Click Here to Enter” button. AND please link to your blog NOT the recipe you are submitting for the YBR. Your thumb doesn’t have to be the recipe you are submitting, it can be your profile or blog photo.)

3. You must choose and display any of the following badges to invite your visitors to the roundup being hosted here.
Right click images to save or get code to embed on your site here:

Your Best Recipes
The badge below, you can add a small thumb of your dish. If you need help or would like the PSD file just shoot me an email, or read the tutorial here YBR Badge Tutorial (how to insert your photo). Some participants like to use this badge below on a new blog post inviting their readers to see the roundup.
Your Best Recipes
This small button can be added to a post and/or your blog’s side bar, if you wish.
Your Best Recipes Button

4. By the 29th of January please email me at spiciefoodie (@) gmail.com the following:
1. Your Name, Blog Name, Name and link to your chosen recipe published in January.
2. A small image of your dish. You must own the photo, and it cannot be a creative commons or public domain photo.

On January 31, the last day of the month, I will post the roundup photos with a link to each of your sites and recipes. It would also be good if you invite your readers to the roundup by also posting a new blog entry or mentioning your participation in a new post (the last day of the month or after) on your blogs with a YBR badge and a link to the roundup here on Spicie Foodie. This way we can all help spread the YBR submitted love around even more!

If you need any help or clarifications post a comment or send me an email. I’ll make sure to post a reminder as we get closer to the deadline.

in Cookbook,YBR

1 Magic of Spice January 18, 2011 at 11:45 PM

That is so great Nancy…Congratulations :)
I will think of a recipe in the next few days for YBR :)

2 Sandra January 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Congrats Nancy on much success on your book and calendar..I love lulu,awesome website, and I wish you even more luck for this year!
In a case of YBR..I will for sure participate, just have to pick what to post LOL!!!

3 Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron January 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Huge Congrats Nancy!
I'm def' in for this month YBR!

4 Anncoo January 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Congrats Nancy! I'm so proud of you :))

5 penny aka jeroxie January 19, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Congras!!! wooOooOOhoooo

6 Pegasuslegend January 19, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Congrats to you. You are one talented lady!

7 Shirley January 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Well deserved!

8 Peggy January 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Great job with the Top 100 and Top 10 lists! Definitely submitting something for the YBR!

9 Spicie Foodie January 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM

@Alisha, Thank you sweetheart :) I'll be waiting for your YBR recipe then.

@Sandra, Thank you so much-let's keep our fingers crossed :) Great I'll expect your recipe.

@Tanantha, Thanks and I do hop you join us:)

@Ann, Aw Thank you:)

@Penny, Hehe Thank you:)

@Claudia, You are so sweet, thanks:)

@Shirley, Thank you:)

@Peggy, Thank you:) Great I'll be waiting for your info.

10 whatsfordinneracrossstatelines January 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for doing this and I'm so happy about your book and calendar doing so well. I can't wait to make another of your recipes. Okay I did the linking thing, but did I do it wrong, it has a picture of the food, not me?
-Gina-

11 Spicie Foodie January 19, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Gina, Thank you and glad to have you joining us this month. Yeah it's suppose to be your pic not the food. But don't worry about it. I will also correct the link, as it was suppose to be just a link to your blog. I will publish the recipe link on my roundup. Again don't worry about it, will fix the link and we can leave the photo.

12 apiciusapprentice January 20, 2011 at 4:17 AM

I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with this month! Now to get to work on posting a bunch so I have options ;)

13 Sommer J January 20, 2011 at 5:21 AM

I am so happy for you, Nancy! You're going to be a star :) Would love to meet you before you go on you cooking show. Maybe get 2 autographs, one for me and one for ebay! I'll share the profit ;)

14 Stella January 20, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Congratulation, Nancy! That's so awesome. You know, I was thinking about buying a copy of your book. I never really buy stuff for myself though (you should see my clothes-awful). I will keep it in mind for next time I need to buy a nice gift for someone I know. That way, I can see it regularly too;-)
Oh, and I have posted much this month due to isses (smile). I'll see what I can do about the round up though…

15 Spicie Foodie January 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM

@apiciusapprentice,Me too!

@Sommer, Haha you are so funny:) I'f that were to happen I'd invite you on to share some of your awesome recipes!

@Stella, Thank you that is such a sweet thought on your part:) I understand and really hope that you do join us, I'd miss you terribly if you didn't.

16 Annie January 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Congrats on your success! I am so excited about this round up thingy. I am so on board!

17 Spicie Foodie January 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM

@Annie, Thank you and I'm glad to hear you will be joining us.

18 Chef Dennis January 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Congratulations Nancy!! Now where can we buy an autographed copy of your book!
Count me in on the fun this month, I sent my information to you!
Dennis

19 Brindusa January 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Congrats! I hope you will soon be the first!

Now my problem is: which recipe should I submit?????

Brindusa@ Cooking with my soul

20 Kankana January 25, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I linked my blog and will email you my chosen recipe by tomorrow :)
This is the first time I am participating in an event like this and I am a new blogger too :)

21 She's Cookin' January 27, 2011 at 3:30 AM

So happy for you that your book and calendar are doing so well! I've been undecided about what to submit for YBR, but I'm headed over there now!

22 Renata January 30, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Just found your blog through one of the participants. Love your idea, guess I arrived a bit late, it's the 30th here in Korea, so looking forward to next month, I'll be definitely participating!