Last month’s YBR was our first edition of a special Spicie Foodie and Honest Cooking cooperation. Due to it’s popularity we have decided to continue the special editions of YBR. That means you will all have more/better chances of being featured at Honest Cooking. Pretty cool, no? For those of you that missed it here’s how it will work, As a bonus to our monthly event Honest Cooking will be choosing 1 recipe to feature on their site. Yup that’s right one of you lovely participants could not only be a part of the monthly roundup here on Spicie Foodie but also have a special feature on this awesome food magazine’s website. Everything stays the same as far as the YBR goes, all you have to do is say wether you would like your recipe to be included in the draw for Honest Cooking to choose from. If you agree and your recipe is chosen then it will be featured on Honest Cooking. How exciting! What are you waiting for signup below!
The second news is a very important request I have for you. Every month there are more and more participants, which is fantastic! I love hosting this event every month, But that means that it’s more work for me to organize all the information. Which is no problem and I don’t mind. My request is to ask you to help make this easier and smoother for me. Please, please submit/email your information in the following way :
– Your Blog Name
– Name and link to your chosen recipe
– A small image of your dish. You must own the photo, and it cannot be a creative commons or public domain photo.
– Say whether you’d like to be included in the draw for the Honest Cooking feature. (Participation is optional, and open to those not currently contributing to Honest Cooking.)
If you fail to submit all the required information you risk not being included in the roundup. As you can imagine having to chase after or figure out the proper names and links for your posts is very time consuming. So please adhere to my request. Thank you guys! Now for all the newbies and those in need of a reminder here are the rules.
And these are the rest of the rules to participate in May’s YBR round up :
Your Best Recipe, a monthly roundup of your best recipes hosted by Spicie Foodie. There are no limitations as to what you can submit, anything goes. No limits on your kitchen nor photography skill, everyone is invited to join. This is not a competition, it is just a showcase of great food being cooked all over the world. And here is how you can participate :
Requirements to participate:
1. It has to be a recipe that you published in MAY, and it has to be a recipe that you feel was your favorite one posted that month. It can be anything your heart desires. Your submitted recipe can be your own creation or one that you adapted from another foodie, just give them credit on your post.
2. Sign up to May’s roundup by leaving a comment saying you’d like to participate. I will add your name and your url to the list of participants below.
3. You must choose and display any of the following badges to invite your visitors to the roundup being hosted here.
Right click images to save or get code to embed on your site here:
The badge below, you can add a small thumb of your dish. If you need help or would like the PSD file just shoot me an email, or read the tutorial here YBR Badge Tutorial (how to insert your photo). Some participants like to use this badge below on a new blog post inviting their readers to see the roundup.
This small button can be added to a post and/or your blog’s side bar, if you wish.
4. By the 30th of May please email me at spiciefoodie (@) gmail.com the following, in the exact format: (If you fail to submit all the required information you risk not being included in the roundup.)
- A small image of your dish. You must own the photo, and it cannot be a creative commons or public domain photo.
If you need any help or clarifications post a comment or send me an email. I’ll make sure to post a reminder as we get closer to the deadline.
~ Nancy L. , eating spaghetti with chopsticks
~ Asiya, Chocolate & Chilies
~ Lizzy, That skinny chick can bake!!!
~ Gina, SPCookieQueen
~ Patty, Patty’s Food
~ Sandra L. , The Sweet Sensations
~ Jill , Dulce Dough
~ Maya , Foodiva’s Kitchen
~ Heather S. , girlichef
~ Tiffany , Como Water
~ Belinda, Zomppa
~ Elyse K, The Cultural Dish
~ Radhika, Just Home Made
~ Katherine, Katherine Martinelli
~ Julie, Gourmet Getaways
~ Victoria, Mission : Food
~ Manu, Manu’s Menu
~ Kimberly, Unrivaledkitch