Your Best Recipes of May 2011, YBR

by Spicie Foodie on May 31, 2011

Have I ever told you how much I love hosting YBR every month? Well I do, I love it! The reasons why are right below. All the yummy temptations you guys share with us. Going 8 months strong and and it just keeps getting better and better! All thanks to you my wonderful participants. You guys rock! Let’s keep our monthly event rocking by supporting each other. Pick a recipe (or several) and stop by their blog to say hi and that you saw their rocking recipe on May’s YBR.

Check back in a few days when I’ll announce the winner of the Honest Cooking draw. Good luck! And now I leave you with Your Best Recipes of May 2011 in the order submitted. Enjoy!

Polvorones, Polvoron
**Victoria, Mission: Food, Huevos Rancheros
Romanian Baked Beans with sausages
**Mihaela, De prin lume adunate…, Romanian Baked Beans with sausages
Macarons with White Chocolate and Mint Ganache
Cupcakes with chocolate Ganache frosting
**Katherine, Katherine Martinelli, Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Spring Rolls with pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, shrimp, and longanizas
Cold Vermicelli Bowl (Bun Giang) with Pan Seared Halibut
Pokey Sticks
**Erin, Dinners, Dishes and Desserts, Pokey Sticks
spaghetti and from-scratch meatballs
**Mardi, Eat.Live.Travel.Write, Spaghetti and from-scratch Meatballs
Wasabi Ice Cream (Wasabi Aisu)
**Ann, Anncoo Journal, Wasabi Ice Cream (Wasabi Aisu)
Fig, Duck, Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Pear Flatbread
**Emily, Cleanliness is Next to Godliness, Fig, Duck, Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Pear Flatbread
Rhubarb and Banana Jam
**Pola, An Italian Cooking in the Midwest, Rhubarb and Banana Jam
Smurfy White Chocolate Panna Cotta
**Julie, Gourmet Getaways, Smurfy White Chocolate Panna Cotta
Farmers Market Salad Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Alisha ~ Magic of Spice, The Ardent Epicure, Farmers Market Salad Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Black Bean Enchiladas with Salsa Verde and Sweet Corn Salsa
Black-Ale Marinated Spatchcocked Chicken
Coconut fudge
Nandita, Paaka-Shaale, Coconut fudge
Strawberry Pie with Basil Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Mascarpon
**Cooking Rookie, Cook Book of Trial and Error, Mascarpon
Gourmet Greens and Tangerines
Honey Almond Tart with Red Wine Glazed Cherries
 Cheeseless Eggplant Fritto
**Ranjini & Ruchi, Tadka Pasta, Cheeseless Eggplant Fritto
Stuffed Strawberry French Toast
**Claudia L., What’s Cookin’ Italian Style Cuisine, Stuffed Strawberry French Toast

in YBR

1 girlichef May 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM

…and I love checking out everybody's entries. So many amazing, belly-rumbling things to choose from, I never know where to begin. Thank you for hosting, Nancy =)

2 Paaka Shaale May 31, 2011 at 11:54 AM

A mouth watering round up Nancy!!! I am Happy and proud to be a part of the event

3 Spicie Foodie May 31, 2011 at 11:56 AM

@Heather and Nandita, So true! It's my pleasure and thanks for being a part of it.

4 Katherine May 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM

This is my first YBR and I'm so excited to take part! I love seeing everyone else's photos and recipes together like this. What amazing company to be in! Thanks for hosting and organizing :-)

5 Foodiva May 31, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Wow, it took me a while to scroll right down to the bottom…every dish looks incredible! The participants list just gets longer and longer, you may have to host YBR twice a month soon… *winks*. Definitely going to check out the blogs that are new to me. Thanks for being the ever-gracious host, Nancy!

6 Spicie Foodie May 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM

@Katherine, Glad you joined us! My pleasure :)

@Maya, I know right?! I may have to start breaking it up into 2 posts to make the loading time faster for the readers. Thank you for always being a part of it :)

7 GourmetGetaways May 31, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Wow!!! I can't believe how many delicious and creative dishes have been submitted!!

Where have I been all month, I have missed to many great recipes!

Thanks for collecting them, I will be visiting the blog owners more often :)

8 Manu May 31, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Wow! Fantastic recipes! I had already seen some of them, but I still have to check out the majority of them!!!! Thanks! :-)))

9 Spicie Foodie May 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM

@Julie, Now we can both catch up :)

@Manu, Glad you joined us this month,come back again next month :)

10 Gastronome Tart May 31, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Me too! I have seen several as well, but many I have not. I am looking forward to checking out the other sites. Thanks Nancy for putting together such a fun round up each month! Happy I could take part.

11 Adriana May 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM

What a wonderful round-up, Manu! I especially liked 'meeting' some new bloggers I haven't been checking out. How can I participate next month?

12 Adriana May 31, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I arrived to your site via Manu's Foodbuzz post. I believe this is a wonderful roundup and thank you for exposing me to different bloggers. Need to be coming back more often!

13 Jill@MadAboutMacarons May 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Wow! That is one magnificent round-up of recipes. Bravo.

14 Victoria May 31, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Wow, so many gorgeous-looking recipes! I can't wait to check them all out. Thanks again for hosting! You're awesome :)

15 penny aka jeroxie May 31, 2011 at 1:15 PM

So many great creations. Need to get onboard once my hand gets better

16 Pacheco Patty May 31, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Thanks Nancy for organizing all of these amazing dishes into one place on your beautiful site. I'm feeling so proud of everyone's accomplishments especially of our gracious hostess;-)

17 Anncoo May 31, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Great YBR roundup! Love all those awesome pictures and will definitely check on their recipes. Thanks for hosting Nancy :)

18 Alina---Explora Cuisine May 31, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Great Roundup as always Nancy! I couldn't take my eyes of the photos until I finished scrolling the list :)

19 claudia lamascolo May 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Thank you thank you thankyou so much for all the work you do to post this… I am so sorry I almost missed out~ I so appreciate all the hard work time and effort you put in to making this happen each month. This roundup is Grand, so much to choose from, they are all winners and I am really honored to be a part of this wonderful roundup thank you again so much xoxoxo~

20 My Home Diary in Turkey May 31, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Glad can be part of it Nancy.. love to check other foodie friend's recipe … all of them worth to try.. Thank you.

21 spcookiequeen May 31, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Oh my Nancy, each recipe is too die for. I only wish I could be at a potluck where I could try all of these. I will have to try some of these for myself and go meet some new bloggers. Thanks again for all your hard work. Thanks for having me over here again.
-Gina-

22 Belinda @zomppa May 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Goodness – I don't know where to begin, I am drooling over all of these (of course, duh)…love those perfectly cooked eggs.

23 Asiya May 31, 2011 at 4:03 PM

All the recipe look great! Thx for hosting!!

24 Elyse @The Cultural Dish May 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM

So glad to be a part of this… all of the recipes look amazing!

25 Sandra May 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Awesome YBR roundup! I am really glad that you are hosting it every month and never gave up!!! You rock sweetie!!!

26 Kimberly (unrivaledkitch) May 31, 2011 at 5:04 PM

everything is so beautiful. Thank you so much for all your hard work! Much Gratitude <3

27 MsByn May 31, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I missed it this month… toooooo much going on this past week! But I LOVE seeing all of these awesome looking recipes! It looks wonderful as always!

28 Tadka Pasta May 31, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Everything looks fantastic! What a great round-up, thanks!

29 visda May 31, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Wow! Some amazing recipes I have missed. I would love to try several of them … where should I start?! Thanks for sharing such a great overview.

30 Sandra May 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Thank you Nancy, I'm honored to be in such great company. This is an excellent way to make new friends and try some wonderful recipes. And it's all because of you. Thanks again!

31 FamilySpice May 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Oh! It's the 31st! I just added the badge to today's post! So many terrific recipes to discover. My husband tagged a few for me to explore further. Thanks for hosting another fabulous YBR!

32 bakerbyNature June 1, 2011 at 2:53 AM

and now I am hungry, again. All of those photos looked amazing!

33 Correen June 1, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Wonderful round-up…off to find more foodies to interview :) Just added YBR button to my sidebar too.

34 Mihaela June 1, 2011 at 4:52 AM

Nancy, what a great recipes, I already bookmarked some of them! That chicken marinated in beer… and white chocolate panna cotta… delish!

35 Emily @ Life on Food June 1, 2011 at 12:19 PM

All of these recipes look delicious. I just learned about this last month. I really wanted to participate in May but with the holiday weekend I completely forgot. I cannot wait till next time.

36 Tiffany June 1, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Oh, my! Everything looks SO freaking yummy! :D. Thanks for organizing Nancy!

37 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I love these YBR round ups! Sorry I missed contributing this month. :(

That fig-duck flat bread looks to-die-for!!!

38 Nancy June 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM

These are such great recipes, very inspiring. I'm so glad I was able to participate!

39 Lizzy June 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM

My goodness! What a beautiful round up this month…every single dish looks amazing!

40 a. maren June 2, 2011 at 1:53 AM

oo, what gorgeous pictures and recipes! thank you for replenishing my bookmarks list!!

41 Priscilla - She's Cookin' June 2, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Oh, Nancy – sorry I missed this one! But I' checking out all the fabulous ones who didn't. Delicious as ever :)

42 Jennifurla June 2, 2011 at 4:17 PM

wow, can I have one of each or is that going overboard??

43 Magic of Spice June 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Amazing line up once again! Some delicious treats to check out :)

44 Kate@Diethood June 3, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Everything looks gorgeous, as always! I wish I could remember to participate!! I need to leave myself a note or two. :)

45 Roxana GreenGirl June 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Like every month, the round up leaves me with my chin on the floor. Everything looks amazing.
Your so good to us Nancy, hosting this delicious event month after month. Thank you :)

46 Hester Casey - Alchemy June 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Nancy, I have drool on my keyboard! What a collection of wonderful recipes. Some I have seen as I follow the authors' blogs already. Others I cannot wait to check out. Wonderful post!