Welcome To My New Home! Please Help

Hello again! So here you are at my new virtual home. Welcome! Did you notice the new domain? Yep, Spicie Foodie’s new domain is http://www.spiciefoodie.com/ no more .blogspot.com.

I hope you guys enjoy the slightly updated look of the site. While 99% of the new site is finished, over the next weeks or so there will be a few more things added. But for now I need some much deserved chilaxing time. It has been an emotional, lack of sleep, nerve wrecking but really fun experience all at once. You see my CSS, PHP, programming skills were very small. But with the help of a really neat program called Thesis, much learning and reading I was able to turn my blog from an ordinary default theme to this customized look. Not to toot my own horn but I am quite proud what I have created.

So why the move you ask?  I feel a little sad leaving Blogger for WordPress, because Blogger is why and how I learned basic html code. Blogger has been a loyal free service that I couldn’t complain too much about. Besides when something is free to us we really shouldn’t complain too much. Anyways, the main reason for the switch is that I’ve had my .com reserved for 2 years and it was time to put it to use. After all I am paying for hosting. The other main reason is that now with WordPress I have more freedom to add as much function/customization as I want as well as being able to use my FTP to upload to my server. One of the great new features I’m really linking is that  now we can all reply to individual comments. This should be a better conversation starter.

I invite you to take a look around. This is how I need your help 1.If you see anything wrong or missing please could you kindly do me the favor of adding a comment or sending me an email? Thanks I’d really appreciate it. 2. While there is a 301 redirect set for any incoming links from the .blogspot to the .com I want to be double sure. So can you update your link, bookmarks,RSS feed subscriptions, to my site please? For the links I mean if you link to me in your sidebar or links page.

Here is all the information :
New main link: http://www.spiciefoodie.com/
Link to the YBR page: http://www.spiciefoodie.com/ybr/
New Link to RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SpicieFoodie
You can now subscribe by email: Check out the sidebar over there →

P.S.
If there is a social media icon you want added to the share thingy let me know and I’ll add it. Thanks!

Comments

Your site looks great! I admire your hard work and determination, I’ve looked into WordPress and some day I will follow, if I ever find some extra time on my hands. Congratulations!

Hi Tiffany, Gracias:) Wow, that is so sweet of you to say. I am feeling completely drained so your words mean alot to me, thanks. It does take a lot of time and concentration but I know you’d be able to do it.

Congratulations on your move to your new domain! how exciting!!
    You did an outstanding job of doing this yourself, I have absolutely no skills what so ever in this area. I can’t wait to see what else you do with your site.
    Chef, Photographer, Writer and now Blog Designer what a talented friend you are!
    Cheers
    Dennis

(I can’t wait to be able to answer my comments too…just a few short weeks away)

Congrats on your move. It looks fantastic. You’ve done a really great job with it. I’ve been thinking about moving myself but not sure I am capable of it. I know nothing of html and design.

Hi Kim, Thank you :) If you do make the move I would really suggest buying Thesis. It really helps you build a basic but good website. There are also many free predesigned WordPress templates to choose from, though I don’t know how much you can customize them. But the WP support is good and huge.

It looks great. I would love to have the ability to reply to comments, but just can’t face trying to make the change to wordpress. At least not anytime soon. Congratulations for figuring it all out yourself!

Thank you Judy. Yes it does seem and is a big task. But honestly if it is something you want to do don’t wait to long. The more content, comments, followers etc. you have the harder and more changes of more getting lost.

Changing it right now, you lost me on the lingo, but I think it looks great. I’m going to have to buckle down this winter and read up on it. Go chillax.
    -Gina-

Looks like you made a good move. I hope you didnt break any thing along the way. LOL For me it felt like my site was mine. No blogspot on the end. I look forward to seeing many more of your posts!

Looks great! I’m glad the move went well!! I’m still on Blogger but I have my own domain name. Not sure if/when I will self-host, but it’s good to see that it can successfully be done!

Yeaaay…you finally made it here, many congratulations! Let me just say, I LOVE the new set-up. Now I know who to turn when I decide to do the same thing ;-). Happy chillaxing, Nancy…you deserve the break!

Congrats on the new domain name & the new site, Nancy! It looks great :) I bought my own domain name a few months ago, but have had no time or energy to make the transition… Hats of to you for all your hard work & creativity! I love what you’ve done, and I can’t wait to see all the amazing things you do on your new site :) You rock!

Ohh Congrats on your new domain Nancy! It looks really cool! :-)))
    How know it can be nerve wrecking… so, take it easy for a while! <3 I love the new look!

Congratulations, Nancy!! It’s not easy moving everything over. I know a move to WP is in my future, too, but not just yet. Keeping myself busy working on a database instead. Looking forward to all of your new improvements on an already FABULOUS site!

Congrats on the new site! It looks great!

Look forward to hearing more about your impressions of WordPress. I’ve been toying with the idea myself but haven’t yet made up my mind…

I am late getting over here, but better late late than never right? Looks great, and good for you for making the switch. I want to but I admit I am nervous to do it … Yay, you!!

You are always welcome Trix, late or early :) Thanks, it is a big step and a lot to think about. But when you are ready or if you are then do it otherwise Blogger is also great.