Your Best Recipes of October 2011, Celebrating One Year

This month we are marking one year of YBR. I cannot believe that one year has already passed and that the little event I thought up would become so big and such a fun thing to host every month. But of course it just couldn’t have been possible without  you. You who month after month have participated, have helped get the word out, you who have been so supportive. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!  Sending all of you a big virtual hug. In the coming days I will be hosting a special giveaway open just to YBR participants, if you’ve participated in at least one then you are eligible. But in the meantime let’s all raise our glass to another delicious year of YBR to come. Cheers!!

Ladies and gentlemen here are Your Best Recipes of October 2011.

*Listed in the order of submissions received.*

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Ribbon Sandwiches
**Ramona, Curry and Comfort Ribbon Sandwiches

Brussels Sprouts Dry - A scrumptious side
**Cook, Daring Cook At Will Brussels Sprouts Dry – A scrumptious side

Abok Abok Sago
**Ann Low, Anncoo Journal Abok Abok Sago

Ginseng leaf salad with pomegranate, orange and green Thai mango

Beef Rendang
**Manu, Manu’s Menu  Beef Rendang

Gruyere Cheese Fondue
**Julie M. , Burnt Carrots Gruyere Cheese Fondue

Shrimp Coconut Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms
**Sandra, Sandra’s Easy Cooking Shrimp Coconut Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms

Mocha Caramel Pecan Cookies
**Tiffany, Como Water Mocha Caramel Pecan Cookies

Spiced macarons with pumpkin buttercream
**Mihaela, De prin lume adunate… Spiced macarons with pumpkin buttercream

Cranberry-Orange Stuffed Pork Chops

Lasagna
**Ann M., Cooking Healthy For Me Lasagna

Melanzane alla Parmigiana
**Alex, The Travelling Chopsticks Melanzane alla Parmigiana

Mexican Pizza
**Asiya, Chocolate and Chillies Mexican Pizza

The Amazing Sandwich, My way
**Irena, My Wandering Spoon The Amazing Sandwich, My way

Spicy M'Baazi Mash Up: Coconut, Black Eyed Pea, Pepper, & Pandan Rice

Quinoa Pilaf with Butternut Squash and Pomegranate

Spinach & Potato Koftas in a Green gravy

Breakfast cake with pecans and cinnamon
**Balvinder Ubi, Gluten free food Breakfast cake with pecans and cinnamon

Cinnamon Pear Galette
**Lynne, 365 Days of Baking Cinnamon Pear Galette

Linguine with Sun-dried Tomatoes

I’d also like to wish you a Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween

Comments

Happy 1st YBR Anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been a year since I’ve contributed to YBR too…I think I’ve only missed one or two? Anyway, all these dishes make me drool, and as usual you’ve done a fantastic job of rounding up the entries. Thanks, Nancy! <3

Happy Halloween, and your 1 YBR-versary! As always you are an angel for hosting this, and second everything look so good..better said mouthwatering!!!! Hope to see many many more years YBR! Cheers to that!:))

What a wonderful year of delicious foods! Congratulations on your anniversary…so happy to be a part of your wonderful monthly party :)

Nancy, Happy 1st YBR Anniversary and Happy Halloween.
    Thank you for doing this fantastic round up. It is inspiring and I’m glad to know so many amazing and talented people:)

Congrats on one great year of YBR, and here’s to many more! Very tempting round-up here, but that fondue photo is really taunting me. What is it about melted cheese that is just crazy-irrisitible??? ;-)

Thank you Nancy for all your hard work putting the October YBR together. What a fantastic line up!!! Hope you’re having a wonderful Halloween!! ~ Ramona

I am so proud to be among these fine bloggers for the month of October… I have to tell you I make sure I participate here I love your site and the time you take for all of us is greatly appreciated.. hoping you have a wonderful fun filled thrill for Halloween this evening. Your photo of the pumpkin screams fall I love it… thanks again, I so appreciate all you do!

Happy Halloween and Happy One Year Anniversary! Thank you for all your hard work, I don’t know what to look at first, everything looks so good. If only my stomach was as big as my eyes, lol.
    -Gina-

Happy Anniversary! Thanks again for doing such a fantastic job on the YBR roundup. Looking forward to browsing through all these awesome recipes!

Yay! So glad to finally be participating. And what amazing company I am in! I will give this a shout out in my post tomorrow. Happy 1 year YBR! xoxo

the round up is awesome as always. Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome food community. YBR is an amazing gathering of good will and food, thanks everyone for partaking in it. Cheers sweets. happy week to you!

Wow, so many lovely recipes! I just had a big lunch, but I’m hungry again :-).
    By the way, I recently discovered Pinterest and opened a board for my favorite food blogs. And, Nancy, your blog is one of the first ones there :-).