Sunday Snapshots: Cha Soba

noodles, soba, buckwheat noodles, matcha soba, green tea soba, cha soba, japanese noodles, spicie foodie
Cha means tea and Soba means buckwheat in Japanese. These are buckwheat noodles flavored with tea.

The tea used to flavor and color these noodles is Matcha. Sometimes you’ll also see these noodles referred to Matcha Soba or Green Tea Soba.

Matcha is my favorite green tea, I love love it. So when I saw these noodles I had to buy them.

The easiest way to prepare Cha Soba is to first boil the noodles, drain and rinse with cold water. Serve cool with some soba dipping sauce. Alternatively they can also be used in soups, stir fries or any way you would like. I made this into a warming quick soup. Cook them as previously mentioned, prepare a small pack of instant miso soup and drop the noodles in. Simple and delicious.

More Matcha Love:
– (Homemade) Matcha noodles with basil cream by The Winter Guest
Matcha Sugar Cookies by Tokyo Terrace
Home-made Green tea/Matcha Ice Cream by Manu’s Table
Trout with matcha salt by Scandi Foodie
Spiral Ravioli – Matcha and Black Sesame by Foodiva’s Kitchen
Matcha Green Tea Malted Milkshake by Joy The Baker
Matcha Blueberry Corn Muffins
Strawberry Green Tea Smoothie

**REMINDER, November’s YBR deadline is Tuesday!**

Comments

I am the only one wake up( in my home) this Sunday morning looking at your striking snapshots of cha noodles. In Punjabi also ‘ cha’ means tea. I like matcha tea but in the morning I like to have my ginger tea with milk. Enjoy your rest of the Sunday.

Really? I knew chai meant tea. I also love ginger tea but never had it with milk. Will have to stop by and see if you have a recipe up. You too enjoy the rest of the day and week ahead!

Hi Nancy,
    I haven’t stopped by your blog in a while, I’m so sorry.
    I love the Thai flavors you combined with the pumpkin gnocchi. A perfect fall dinner idea.
    And these soba noodles are looking stunning in your photos. You make everything look so beautiful.
    Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

I love how you can make plain noodles look beautiful! I’d love a bowl of these with veggies and an Asian dressing…mmmmmmm.

Gorgeous photos! I love soba, though I haven’t had cha soba yet. My favorite way to eat soba would be cold with dipping sauce on a hot summer day :)

Oh, I also adore japanese noodles and matcha tea. Either together or separate as you said. Me gustan tanto que yo también he subido un par de recetas a mi blog, una de un super sencillo té matcha au lait y otra de un pastel marmoleado sin gluten con chocolate y matcha.

i’m fascinated by matcha. it’s such a beautiful color and such a delicious flavor. but i have yet to bake/cook with it in any form. I will have to hunt down some of these noodles, seems like a great place to start.

Oh wow that sounds great. I didnt know and had never thought of flavoring noodles with tea. lol Your post taught me to be more open with pasta and in general with ingredients and flavoures.

Ginger tea with milk? never seen or tasted that.

Hi Helene, They are quite good. Trying different pastas and flavors is something I love and highly recommend. Balvinder seems to have introduced us to a new variation of tea :)