12 Healthy Recipes For A Healthy Start To 2012

How were everyone’s New Years celebrations? I hope you had fun and that 2012 is off to a great start. In my previous post I spoke about the cliched New Years resolution of loosing weight. I not only want to loose the extra weight but I also want to make sure we are eating healthy. Besides exercise the thing that always help me loose weight is eating healthier and natural foods. Notice I didn’t say diet. No one likes that word,myself included. I think when people hear diet they think bland boring food. But that doesn’t have to be the case. There are so many options and ways of eating healthy, natural foods that will help you not only loose weight but also keep your body healthy. I’ve put together 12 recipes, from the Spicie Foodie archives, to get 2012 off to a healthy start. Hopefully they will inspire you to cook one, two or a few. But most importantly help you see that a healthier, and if you want, lighter you is easy to do.

12 Healthy Recipes For A Healthy Start To 2012 (in no particular order)

- Almond milk
almond milk recipe; glass; jar; almond milk; recipe; healthy; almonds; whole almond; brown; white; creamy; vertical; drink; vegan; vegetarian; gluten free; gluten free drinks; how to make almond milk; no separate; no curdeling; stop from seperating; how to; how to blanch almonds; spicie foodie; non-dairy; non-dairy milk; cooked; raw; sweet; cooking; baking; fresh; home made; homemade

- Vegan Indian Cauliflower Mash, or Aloo Gobi Mash
Indian Cauliflower Mash; Aloo Gobi Mash; Cauliflower; Indian; food; recipes; vegan; vegetables; fast; easy; healthy; low fat; Spicie Foodie

- Luscious Thai Chicken Pineapple curry and The 5 flavors of Thai Cuisine
Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry; Thai Chicken Curry; Thai; Curry; Pineapple; Chicken; Healthy; Low Fat; Tomato; Basil; Easy; fast; Spicie Foodie; Recipe; comida; recetas; recetas de curry; pollo

- Linguine with Sun-dried Tomatoes
Linguine; sundried tomatoes; sun dried; sun-dried tomatoes; cherry tomatoes; basil; pasta; whole wheat pasta; garlic; cooking ingredients; food; still life; Linguine with Sun-dried Tomatoes; Haven On A Plate; Vegan; vegetarian; healthy; wine; red wine; baguette; bread

- Somen (Nyumen) Miso Soup, Ready in 10 Minutes
Somen Miso Noodle Soup; Instant; miso; soup; noodles; recipe; ingredients; hot; Japanese; food; recipes; cuisine

- Yellow Split Pea Spread
yellow; split; pea; spread; vegetables; vegetarian; vegan; legumes; carrot;diet; healthy; onion; spring; scallions; snack; appetizer; natural; protein

- Hummus & Roasted Veggie Hummus Delight (Wraps)
 roasted vegetables; vegetables; roasted; peppers; bell peppers;olives; eggplant; onions; spring onion; feta cheese;goat cheese; vegan; vegetarian; healthy; low fat;

- Baharat Spiced Beef Stew (A Wacky Stew)
beef; stew; beef stew; Baharat; Bharat; spice; spices; spiced; Turkey spices; carrot; potato; Russet Pototo; onions; spring onions; chives; red pepper; chile; sweet pepper; food; fusion; cuisine; Turkish; spicy; hot; red; orange; brown; gold; spoon; leeks; vegetable beef stew; soup; potage; sopa picante; guisado picante; guisade de Turkia; sopa de carne; carne; papas

- Healthier Banana Muffins
banana bread; banana muffins; banana; healthier; low fat; low sugar; no butter; flax; flax meal; Flax seeds; yogurt; recipe; Spicie Foodie

- Grilled Portobello Steaks (Vegan)
Vegan; Recipe; recipes; portabello mushroom; portabella mushroom; mushroom; mushroom steak; steak; onion; baked potato; healthy; low fat; low carb; easy; fast; vegetarian; Spicie Foodie

- Fish Tacos
recipe; fish; tacos; fish tacos; cabbage; salsa; pico de gallo; radish; Mexican; easy; low fat; healthy; avocado; cat fish; Mexican holidays; food; fish tacos recipe; Spicie Foodie

- Ginger Lemon and Honey Tea
Lemon Ginger Tea for sore throat; Lemon Ginger Tea; Lemon Tea; Ginger Tea; to cure colds; tea for cold season; tea; homemade; organic; natural; holistic tea; Spicie Foodie; Recipe; receta; tee de gingibre; te de limon; te; the

Also take a look at these, 12 Healthy Recipes From 12 Foodie Friends: (in no particular order)
Winter Citrus Salad with Currants and Goat Cheese by The Ardent Epicure
Yotam Ottolenghi´s corn fritters by Aromas y Sabores
Baked Rutabaga Chips by A Thought For Food
Happy Bread by Foodiva’s Kitchen
Roasted Cauliflower with Olives and Herbs by Gourmande in the Kitchen
Ten Vegan Wrap Recipes by Healthy, Happy Life
On Love, Abs and Roasted Tomato Soup by Joy Zhang via Honest Cooking
Jambalaya by Tomayto Tomaaahto
Mushroom, Apple and Sage Stuffed Red Onions by She’s Cookin’
Italian Minestrone – Vegetarian by SPCookie Queen
Quinoa Salad by Sweet Life
Olive Cherry Focaccia Pizza (“Fopizza”) by Tasty Trix

Yummy Pics: A Food Blogger's Guide to Better Photos, Photography eBook by Spicie Foodie

Comments

I drink almond milk regularly. I love the taste of hazelnut milk as well.

For ginger tea, I like adding other herbs such as lemongrass, pandan leaves, cloves or cinnamon. In Indonesia we call it wedang jahe.

Nice choice of healthy recipes!

What a gorgeous, and delicious roundup! I am intrigued by your split pea spread, that sounds delicious! Take care, Hugs, Terra

Great round-up as always, Nancy! Your photography always impresses me – you even made stew look good! And I keep meaning to try that almond milk…

As for the others, I’m flattered to be included. I loved Joy’s post and will read the others starting at the top with the lovely Alisha. :-)

Here’s to a healthy new year for us all!

Thank you sweetie :) You must try the almond milk soon. I don’t leave enough comments on your blog but I do read it often, I am subscribed to your feed. You have so many delicious recipes that it was hard to choose just one.
      Cheers to a healthy new year :)!

I would eat everyone of these! I agree, bland means boring.. and who wants that. I love that curried and Asian dishes made the cut. I will be joining you in getting back on eating healthy again after over indulging these last few weeks. Thank goodness I don’t have to worry about “indulging” again until I get my box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day. :)

Not us hey Ramona :) Of course Asian and curries have to make the cut, we eat that type of foods on a regular basis. Haha, yeah you’ll get a small break so you’ll be ready for those chocolate :)

Such a great round up of recipes, everything looks amazing! Looking forward to your fabulous recipes in 2012, Happy New Year! xoxo

You sure are right that there are plenty of wonderful foods out there which are plenty healthy and good for you. Great list. I am going to check out the miso soup; its one of my favorites.

As always your an inspiration. Healthy food, a new beginning and a great roundup. Happy New Year and thanks for being the best supporter a blogger could have you have been a wealth of information and I truly appreciate your friendship. This was another great entry to save and now its bookmarked.. thanks again…. have the healthiest and happiest 2012!

Everything looks healthy AND delicious! Beautifully done and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next! Best of luck with the healthy lifestyle – you KNOW I’m rooting for you!

Did you have a hard time selecting which recipes to feature? I’m with you , Nancy. I don’t diet but rather eat healthy, unprocessed foods and try to at least walk every day – that’s why I love visiting you here – all your recipes are healthy, delicious, relatively simple to make, and beautifully photographed! Thanks for the mention, too :)

Hi Priscilla,
      Yes, I always find it difficult to choose partly because I’m very critical of what I do and also just finding the perfect fitting ones is hard. Good for you Priscilla, I love your approach. Thank you so much that is so sweet of you:)

everything looks divine Nancy! No diet necessary.

Happy new year my dear! I hope you had a wonderful set of holidays, I did but they were a lot of work but very productive and amazing. Have a great day. Lots of love!- Kimberly

What a beautiful array of healthy but delicious recipes! I still need to try the almond milk :)
    Thanks for the mention sweetie, I hope you are having a wonderful start in 2012, hugs!

I’m with you – “diet” sounds so restrictive and boring. Much better to enjoy the things you love (like these yummy dishes you’ve assembled here) in moderation. And thanks for including my fopizza! : )

Nancy, your food and recipes have always been a source of great inspiration for me and although I fail to produce healthy recipes on many counts (due to my love of butter and sugar), I always come back to your site whenever I’m feeling guilty and need motivation to lose that extra pound or TEN! Keep going on the healthy track, my friend. Who knows, because of you, I might live a few years longer? Lol!

Happy New Year, if I haven’t already said this!

Maya, don’t get me wrong. I do love butter and sugar, but I just force myself to limit them or I get a tummy ache. You are my baking inspiration and your blog is where I go for inspiration and great recipes to learn. Haha, I think the credit would be yours not mine :) Happy New Year my friend! Hugs!

Trackbacks