Sunday Snapshots : Seashells, Diamonds, Flowers, and A Pepper

Spicie Foodie, sunday snapshots, red pepper
It’s Sunday. Actually I am writing this on Saturday afternoon, but you’ll be reading/seeing it tomorrow. Sunday. Hopefully I won’t be the only one looking at it. Insert sad face here.

Sunday’s at Spicie Foodie means Sunday Snapshots. I’ve been sitting in front of my computer trying to decide what to write about and what photos to share with you. But I just can’t make up my mind. I can’t concentrate.

Spicie Foodie, sunday snapshots, red pepper
Then I found these 3 lonely photos just waiting to be shared. So I’m sharing them with you. You may ask what exactly do seashells, diamonds, flowers, and peppers have in common?…Wait I’m thinking…What was the question again?

No, no, wait I remember now. These photos were the result of daydreaming and a photography practice session. That’s right, when I can’t concentrate and feel antsy I grab my camera and find something to shoot. Constant learning and practice is a must in photography. Shooting just to shoot is one of the best things you can do for your photography.

The more you shoot, the more you learn. The more you shoot the more practice you get. The more you learn and the more practice you get, the better you fine tune your photography style and eye. So next time you feel antsy or can’t concentrate grab your camera. Shoot something around you. It calms the mind and improves your skill.

Spicie Foodie, sunday snapshots, red pepper
Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you have plenty of light to snap some shots.

Check out previous installments of Sunday Snapshots in the archives, here.

Lighting Information:
All of the photos were shot with natural or window light coming from the left side, and a little bit behind. It is indirect light so it helps in diffusing the harsh afternoon light.

Comments

Those pictures are really nicely taken to be practicing sessions. :) I like the brightness and the clarity of the first picture and the contrasts in colour in the last two pictures. I love your photography! :)

Great advice – I do this too, often grabbing my camera as I run out the door as a last-minute thought, and then finding things to shoot wherever I end up.

That is a great idea Ruby. Often times I would wish I had my camera to snap something I saw. Now with mobile phone cameras it gives you another option when forgetting the DSLR at home.

Hi Shannon,

Thank you! They were all shot with natural or window light coming from the left side. It is indirect light so it helps in diffusing the harsh afternoon light.

Inspiring…I think I’ll skip the Superbowl and just take photos…I need the practice! Your shot are lovely and I adore the simple composition.

Happy Sunday Sweetie. We were practing photo styling yesterday at Patty’s, wish you could have been there to give us pointers. Hope you have a smile on your face now, that daisy I just adore.
    -Gina-

I need to definitely practice more with my food photography. I think I need that new camera first to get even close to your quality of photos. I loved all of them, but that red chili is amazing. :) Happy Sunday~ Ramona

Thank you Ramona. Just keep practicing with the camera you have. One can even snap beautiful photos with a phone camera. It is all about practicing and seeing the scene. Happy Sunday Ramona :)

Very pretty photos. I’ve been doing the same thing racking my brain which recipes to post and what Valentine recipes I”ll have time to create and post before February 14th. I suppose we all have writers blog at times or rather bloggers block.

Beautiful. I know practice is the best way too learn. I have been very busy but I am hoping things will calm down soon and I will be able to get some more time to play around with my camera. As more and more of the day is in sunlight I am thinking this will be easier.

Trackbacks