Mahi Mahi Fillets with Preserved Lemon Sauce over Salad Greens

Mahi Mahi; fish; steaks; lent recipes; recipes; receta; Dorado; fast; easy; preserved lemons; garlic; Spicie Foodie; Low-fat; healthy; Mache greens; salad; mache; lettuce; olive oil

TGIF!!! Yay, happy dance! Who’s ready for the weekend? I sure am. The official start of spring is in a few days and the weather has begun showing hints of it. Our forecast for this weekend is sunny and in the upper teens, in Celsius or upper 60s in Fahrenheit. That makes me a very happy camper. But it also means that I am finding it harder to concentrate on work. I got sun, fun and play on the brain. So rather then writing an interesting story or health information on Mahi Mahi, aka Dorado, I’m just going to give you the recipe.

It’s a sunny Friday here and I’m going out to enjoy it. Enjoy this super easy and fabulously healthy recipe. Which I might add takes virtually no time to prepare, perfect so you too can go outside and enjoy the weather. Hopefully.

Have a great weekend everyone! I’ll see you on Sunday for Sunday Snapshots.

P.S.
Please excuse the boring photos. I wasn’t going to shoot the meal, but change my mind at the last minute.

Mahi Mahi; fish; steaks; fillets; lent recipes; receta; Durado; fast; easy; preserved lemons; garlic; Spicie Foodie; Low-fat; healthy; Dolphin; Dolphinfish; Mai Mai

(If you would like to publish my recipe on your website please quote Spicie Foodie as the recipe creator, and place a link back to the recipe.)

Mahi Mahi Fillets with Preserved Lemon Sauce
2 Mahi Mahi/ Dorado fillets
4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, good quality
salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste

6 wedges preserved lemons, I make my own- recipe here
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, good quality
1 tbsp water

Salad:
Mache greens, arugula sprinkle with a little salt and ground black pepper. Then toss with a little olive oil.

Make the sauce:
1. Preserved lemons should be soaked at least 15 minutes before using. Drain and separate lemon skin away from pith and pulp  . Place the lemon skins in a blender with the olive oil and water, blend until lemon skins have completely broken down. Set aside.

Cook Fish:
1. Pat dry the Mahi Mahi fillets and set aside. Heat the olive oil and once hot saute the thinly sliced garlic cloves for 3 minutes. Do not burn the garlic, it should be cooked just until it begins to darken in to a light golden color. Remove the sauteed garlic slices but leave all of the oil in the pan. Add the garlic to the lemon sauce and mix to well combine then set aside again.

2. Using the same oil bring the heat up to medium high. Season the top of the Mahi Mahi steaks with salt and pepper, place seasoned side down into hot pan. Season the top layer of the fish with salt and pepper. Fry the fish for 5 minutes on one side then flip and dry another 3 minutes on opposite side.

Place the fish ontop of salad greens.

More Fish Recipes:
Spanish Mackerel with Yuzu by Just One Cookbook
Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi with Cucumber Slaw by Joylicious
Seared Mahi-Mahi with Spicy Pomelo and Orange Salsa by Indonesia Eats
Honey Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi by Liv Life
Basque Fish and Potato Stew by We Heart Food
Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos by Healthy Food For Living
Triple Citrus Striped Bass Stuffed with Quinoa by Family Spice

Comments

Happy Friday Nancy!!!! Oh don’t you just love Spring? We are having such a great weather and since Late Feb. it is always around 65 to 86F..everything already bloomed!
    Your dish look fantastic..I love this light and delicious idea! Going to try it soon!!!
    Have a lovely weekend sweetie..enjoy your warm weather!!!!

We eat lots of fish and the bright flavor of lemons (esp. Meyer lemons) are our favorite enhancer! I love preserved lemons, but sadly cannot use them at home – too much sodium for hubs. Have a great weekend and I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to respond to the email you sent me – promise to get to it this weekend.

Hi Nancy, even your quick and easy photos look beautiful! I love preserved lemons, they add so much flavor to a dish without adding a lot of calories, which makes a flavorful healthy meal that I’m glad you decided to share. ps. that is one good looking piece of fish;-)

Gorgeous fish presentation! Even the salad greens are lining up nicely. This is how your regular dinner looks like? Nice~~~! :-) I love this simple preparation for the fish. Very minimal yet lemons will bring out the flavor of the fish and blend nicely. Have a great weekend! p.s. Thank you so much for linking Nancy. :-)

I’ve been leading trips to Morocco for the past six years and along the way, I have learned to love all things Moroccan, especially the food. Preserved lemons are such a treat. I am always looking for new ways to use them. Thanks. This recipe looks wonderful—and simple.

And you call these boring photos… I wish my photos were this nice! Congrats on Top 9 today for your honey tip. I told you that was a good one. :) I have been meaning to make preserved lemons for a while now. I just need to do it because it takes time to preserve… gosh I can be lazy sometimes. :) This fish dinner looks perfect!! Have a great weekend!! ~ Ramona

Beautiful fish there, simple but full of flavor and with a bed of greens make it even healthier. You enjoy the great weather over the weekend. It’s been unusually warm where I live and it has me a bit worried that we may skip Spring and head right into Summer ;p

ooo, these are so pretty and simple! yum! also, THOSE are the pictures you toss out last minute? no need to apologize, they’re gorgeous!

Hello…remember me? Lol, I haven’t been avoiding coming here, I promise! I just don’t go blog surfing as often nowadays, I blame it on old age. But how can I stay away when I see this beautifully cooked mahi-mahi drizzled with that gorgeous homemade lemon sauce of yours? I’m crap at cooking fish, which is why I admire this dish even more! I’ve SO missed you, Nancy!

Maya…is that really you? Lol, I’ve missed you terribly :( Thanks sweetie and there is nothing to this easy peasy recipe. You just have to keep it simple when it comes to fish. Thank you so much for stopping by, you’ve made my day ;)

I’m glad you decided to share this anyway. It’s something I would enjoy on any given night. BTW, I will have to check out your preserved lemons recipe. I’ve been meaning to try my hand at it for a few years and I’ve just this week put it on top of my to-make list. Perfect timing for your post. :)

Have a great weekend, Nancy! :)

i read that mahi mahi is one of the good fishes to eat – fewer contaminants like mercury. so just for that, it’s a thumb’s up for me! preserved lemons? I LIKE!!!!! i’ve never tried making my own since i cannot find unwaxed lemons here…are unwaxed lemons same as organic lemons?? anyway, so i just hop over to my nearest Williams-Sonoma where they sell bottles of preserved lemons from a farm in Tunisia!

Hi Jen,

You should give the lemons a try. I would buy them from an organic farmer or store. But then you also have the convenience of that shop :) Thanks!

What a beautiful plate of food. I’m glad you changed your mind and picked up the camera. What I’m loving most is the link to making your own preserved lemons. I’m going to do that!

Fish and salad, simply prepared, is truly a perfect meal. I love the idea of using preserved lemons. Gives it that extra something without being overly fussy.

Trackbacks