A Taste From The Past: March Recipes

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Spicie Foodie

Spicie Foodie will be three in July of this year. My how the time flies. Over these 2.8 years I’ve shared countless recipes. All recipes I am proud of, many that I cook often, and some that I had forgotten about. I don’t do many recipe reviews where I post other peoples recipes. It isn’t because I don’t try out other’s recipe, but rather because I prefer to test out my own ideas then share what I have created with you.

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Spicie Foodie

I constantly develop and test out new recipes running through my head. To me that is part of the fun of  being a food blogger and food writer. I get to experiment, create and share it all with you. But one of the draw backs of constantly creating and posting new recipes is that some are forgotten about. As is the case with us all, we don’t start off with the same amount of foodie friends and visitors we later have as our blogs grow. The result is that many of the older recipes do not receive the attention they deserve. So I’ve decided to introduce a new series, A Taste From The Past. Pretty self explanatory, no?

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Spicie Foodie

To kick off the inaugural edition I am sharing recipes previously published in the month of March. I hope you enjoy the collection and perhaps even find one to cook/bake this weekend.

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Spicie Foodie

March 2010
-Jidasky Czech Easter Buns
-Yellow Split Pea Spread
Nasi Goreng Indonesian Fried Rice
-Soups On! Tomato Cream Soup

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Spicie Foodie

March 2011
-Spring And A Breakfast Strawberry Soy Shake
-Roasted Veggie Hummus Delight (Wraps)
My Hummus without Tahini Recipe
Chocolate Craisin Almond Meal Cookies, Using The Leftover Almonds From Almond Milk
-Homemade Non Separating Almond Milk

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Spicie Foodie

In case you missed these, March 2012
Lemongrass and Pandan Lemonade, Hold The Ice
Spicy Spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Pastel de Chocolate Mexicano or Mexican Chocolate Cake
Mahi Mahi Fillets with Preserved Lemon Sauce over Salad Greens
Spring and Arugula, Maché Strawberry Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

A Blast From The Past; March Recipes, Just Home Made, Spicie Foodie

Red Bell Pepper and Pudina Moong Dal, recipe and photo by Radhika of Just Home Made

What I’m Loving From Around The Blogosphere This Week/Month
-Red Bell Pepper and Pudina Moong Dal by Just Home Made
-Healthy broccoli & spinach soup with beet chips by Nature Insider
-Arroz con Camarón Seco – Rice with Dried Shrimp by Sweet Life
Linguini, Smoky Avocado Sauce, Black Beans, Lime by Taste With The Eyes
-Apple Paste With Manchego Cheese by The Winter Guest
-Pane casereccio (Homemade Bread) by Memori di Angelina
-Spiced lemon grass tea by Paaka Shaale

Have a great weekend everyone! See you on Sunday for Sunday Snapshots, and on Monday you can sign up for March’s YBR.

Comments

they are looks delicious and awesome, the chocolate Craisin Almond Meal Cookie and Pastel De Chocolate make tempting me a lot, and all those picture make me drooling

cheers

That’s a great concept! All of the dishes look delicious and I see many recipes among that I haven’t tried but would love to.

Great idea! I definitely need to follow your steps, my blog is only 5 months old but the very first recipes really deserved more visits :) I nominated you for two awards, your blog is amazing and deserve all the awards out there!

Thank you Nancy for the shout out.. Happy indeed to know you liked the Moong dal recipe.
    Also, so glad you are doing a recap of posts from the past.. Know what? Had fallen in love with that almond milk photograph of yours.. So gorgeous! brilliantly composed and shot.. Happy to see it again.. It remains one of my favorites from your photographs..

Hi Radhika,

I loved the recipe when I saw it. We had it for dinner last night and hubby kept going on about how great it tasted. We loved it and will be making it again soon. Thanks and have a great weekend!

I’ve considered the same thing since updating my blog recently. I enthusiastically shared some of my most-loved recipes during the first couple of months of blogging but I didn’t have an audience then. The pictures are awful, too, so I’ve been wondering how to re-introduce them on the blog. I like your Taste from the Past series-great way for me to see your earlier recipes. :)

Congrats on almost 3 years–time does fly fast, doesn’t it?! :)

Wow your 3 year anniv is coming up? Thank you for sharing your past recipes. You have so many recipes and now seeing your past pictures, I can see your photography improvement. Your past pictures are already gorgeous but you really worked hard to get to where you are now. I’m inspired!

Hi Nami,

Sometimes I feel embarrassed about the old photography but the recipes are some of my favorites. That is why I decide to bring attention to them again:) Thank you so much!

Trackbacks