I love cinnamon don’t you? Today rather than a normal post I will share with you ten things I love about cinnamon.
10 Really Cool Things I Love About Cinnamon
1. I love that cinnamon is a spice which can be used on savory or sweet foods.
2. I love that cinnamon is the inner bark of cinnamon trees.
3. I love that cinnamon has many health benefits. Such as regulating blood sugar, smelling cinnamons stimulates brain activity, it is a natural food preservative, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory.
4. I love that “Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices known. It was mentioned in the Bible and was used in ancient Egypt not only as a beverage flavoring and medicine, but also as an embalming agent. It was so highly treasured that it was considered more precious than gold.” source
5. I love adding a pinch of ground cinnamon to my tea or coffee in the morning.
6. I love that “Cinnamon bark is one of the few spices that can be consumed directly.” source
8. I love that cinnamon pairs well with blueberries, apples, honey, cajeta/dulce de leche.
9. I love that there are several varieties of cinnamon. All look different and all pretty to photograph.
10. But perhaps what I love most about cinnamon is the smell. The smell is aromatic, sweet, and soothing. I love that the scent of cinnamon reminds me of my mother and her homemade avena or oatmeal.
I hope you are all having a great weekend. Happy Sunday!
You can signup for March’s YBR tomorrow.