Sunday Snapshots: Peas and Other Happenings

Sunday Snapshots; peas, fresh peas, Spicie Foodie; food photography; food; photography

Today’s Sunday Snapshots will be a quiet one, I only want to share a few photos and some happenings from the week.

To those of you celebrating Easter today, Happy Easter! I hope you have a beautiful holiday surrounded by your loved ones.

Peas are not quite in season yet, but they are starting to show up at local stores. Regardless they are fun to photograph.

Now on to some happenings. This photo you see above belongs to my sweet friend Gina aka SPCookie Queen. She wrote a hilarious post and baked cookies inspired by my minions. Please stop by for a good laugh and really cute cookie recipe. Joanie and Chachi met Fonzie (PG Version)

The other news I want to share is a guest post I did for my other sweet friend Alisha (aka Magic of Spice) from The Ardent Epicure. It is a photography styling tutorial that will show you how to get from a photo like the one above to the one below ↓.

Please stop by The Ardent Epicure for, Food Photography “A Perspective”~ Food Styling with Nancy Lopez-McHugh

Happy Sunday everyone! I’ll see you tomorrow with a yummylicious Sri Lankan curry recipe.

Comments

What is HDR? Lol, sorry;) I did a quick Google search and it I understand it’s a photo editing software? If so, no I didn’t use that. I use Photoshop CS4, the effects are done with dodge and burning.

Nancy you rock! Such wonderful photos. Those photos made we want to reach in and eat those peas and I dont like peas! Thanks for sharing. I am on my way to The Ardent Epicure. I need all the help I can get.

Your photos are phenomenal…just works of art! And I loved your guest post, too. Off to read Gina’s post. Happy Easter!

Gorgeous post! Only you can manage to make peas look that amazing! :) Loved your post over at Alisha’s site… Visited a few days ago… and I just visited Gina’s post and oh how I laughed! :) Lots of inspiration in the air :)

Beautiful peas shot. I love the first one. I don’t know how you call it, but love the effect around the peas. Very dramatic. If I take the same shot, it would be very boring pea shot. ;-) Gina is such a sweet person! Hehee very cute cookies!

Thank you Nami:) I don’t know what it’s called either, lol, but thanks. No it wouldn’t, your photography is beautiful!

I just adore Gina and she always makes me laugh:)

I still haven’t opened the box for lightroom, now you are making me want photoshop. I never knew peas could look that good. Saw your great guest post and I’m glad you enjoyed seeing your minions. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    -Gina-

Hi Gina,

Lol, go on start playing with Lightroom. My edits are really basic so you could do it with Lightroom I’m sure. Thanks sweetie for doing that cute minion post:)

Nancy, vengo de ver tu foto styling tutorial. Absolutamente genial, me encantan tus down-to-earth tips, siempre aprendo algo nuevo de ellos. besos