A Taste From The Past: April Recipes

by Spicie Foodie on April 29, 2012

No Sunday Snapshots today, it’ll be back next Sunday.

Taste From The Past; A Taste From The Past; Spicie Foodie; Recipes; recipes from the past; Feasting on recipes from the past; Feasting on the past; healthy; fresh; delicous; low fat; low calories; healthier; ethnic food

Last month I introduced you to a new (yes, yet another one) feature here on Spicie Foodie, A Taste From The Past. If you missed it, basically it will be a special series for me to share great recipes from the Spicie Foodie archives. As I know is the case with many of you, I’ve accumulated some wonderful recipes that didn’t get the attention they so deserve. (This is my way of putting them in the spotlight again. Please join me as we “Feast On The Past” with April’s Taste From The Past.

strawberry; green tea; Matcha; green; smoothie; food; drink; healthy; milk; diet; energy; organic; spices; uses

April 2010
- Homemade Potpourri
- Strawberry Green Tea Smoothie
- Bean and Tortilla soup with Memories
- Mexican Chorizo Tacos

recipe, cabbage rolls, slavic, tomato, rice, ground beef, spicie foodie

April 2011
- Apple Honey Cake for My Honey
- Slavic Cabbage Rolls (My First Attempt) and The Huffington Post
- Spicy Spaghetti with grated Zucchini
- Potato Bread Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Arugula
- Gourmet Sandwich For A Lazy Lunch
- I’m Ready To Be Spanked! And Mazanec Czech Easter Bread (delicious year-round)
- Vegan Indian Cauliflower Mash, or Aloo Gobi Mash

recipe, Gourmet Sandwich, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella, arugula, cherry tomato, Hungarian Paprikas Salam, German style mustard

In case you missed these, April 2012
- Basil Wrapped Sausage
- Shrimp Creole Inspired by Emeril Lagasse
- Hubby’s Enchilada Style Chimichangas (Tex-Mex Recipe)
- Sri Lankan Pork Curry and Rice & Curry Cookbook Review
- Black Sesame Polvorones

What I’m Loving From Around The Blogosphere This Week/Month
- Fondas, Cocinas, and Cafes: Casual Dining in Mexico City by Tasty Trix
- Creamy Fusili Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Peas & Arugula by Rosas’s Yummy Yums
- Penne with Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms, Eggplant and Sambal by Lemon and Anchioves
- Rainbow Kale Salad by Tartine and Apron Strings
- Strawberry Honey Jam by Gastronome Tart
- Sweet and Spicy Mango Chutney by Curry and Comfort

Happy Sunday everyone, see you tomorrow for April’s YBR roundup!

in A Taste From The Past

1 Rosa April 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Thanks so much for adding a link to my pasta salad! I’m glad you like it. :-)

What a great list!

Rosa xx

2 Spicie Foodie April 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Hi Rosa,

Your salad recipe is fantastic! Thanks:)

3 Jennie @themessybakerblog April 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

All of these dishes look absolutely delicious. I’ll take one of each, please.

4 Spicie Foodie April 29, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Thanks Jennie! They’ll be right over ;)

5 Nandita April 29, 2012 at 11:40 AM

What a yummy spread!!! Loved all the recipes. Especially the strawberry green tea smoothie :)

6 Spicie Foodie April 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thanks Nandita :)

7 Jean (Lemons and Anchovies) April 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again–I love that you’re bringing back recipes we have missed this way. I have a few of those, too, but I think I need to reshoot them first. The Mexican Chorizo tacos are calling my name–better check them out. :)

Thanks so much for the link to my eggplant-shiitake recipe! :)

8 Spicie Foodie April 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Hi Jean,

Thank you and I’m gad to hear you’ve enjoyed this new feature. Those are one of my favorite tacos. I hope you do try them soon.

I loved your recipe:)

9 Michelle April 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM

The cabbage rolls are really interesting looking. I don’t think I have the skills to make it though. I’m really bad in wrapping!

10 Spicie Foodie April 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM

It’s really not as hard as it looks Michelle. Maybe you’ll give them a go sometime.

11 Vicki Bensinger April 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Nancy I’ve missed all of these posts and most of what you did this month. I’ve been so busy I’m having trouble keeping up with everyone let alone myself. That said I’m going to read all of these. I agree we should all do this with our first run recipe posts with little followers. Great idea. I’m certain all these are as wonderful as the newer posts.

12 Spicie Foodie April 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Hi Vicki,

Thank you that is sweet of you. But I completely understand so don’t feel obligated:)

13 anna April 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

i’m so embarrassed, i just realized i completely forgot to get in touch with you about YBR. huge apologies. better luck for me next month. in the mean time i will just have to explore all of these lovely recipes of yours!

14 Spicie Foodie April 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Oops! There’s always May Anna :) Thank you.

15 Ramona April 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

What a exciting April you have had!! Love this new feature on your blog. :) Thank you so much for including me in the dishes you hope to try. I actually used the chutney in a recipe yesterday as an experiment and it came out so well. I will post it tomorrow. : ) Have a great week! ~ Ramona

16 Spicie Foodie May 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Hi Ramona,

Thank you and I loved your recipe. I need to go see the new use for your chutney. You too have a great week :)

17 Magic of Spice April 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Lovely new series and of course all wonderful post/recipes!

18 Spicie Foodie May 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Thanks Alisha!

19 Nami | Just One Cookbook May 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I actually love this series because for the past 2 years I’ve been missing your posts and this way I get to see your wonderful recipes monthly! I don’t even have enough recipes to do the same – that tells how many recipes you have created on your blog! Amazing. :-)

20 Spicie Foodie May 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Thank you Nami, I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying it. I have a year more of recipes and posts than you but I’m sure you could also do the same.