The Best of Spicie Foodie: 2012 Edition

by Spicie Foodie on December 26, 2012

**Save 40% off Yummy Pics: A Food Blogger`s Guide To Better Photos w/Coupon Code: 26DEC

Offer ends December 26 at 11:59 PMT.  http://tinyurl.com/9jxghjl**

As the year comes to a close I like to reflect on the work I did in 2012. I’d like to share with you the best of Spicie Foodie in 2012.

The Best Recipes, Food Photos and Post of 2012 from Spicie Foodie
These recipes were the most popular with readers and also received the most traffic in 2012. I’m happy to see many of my favorites were also liked by many of you. Thanks!

(12 Most Popular – Top Left to Right) Spicy Spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Red Chicken Pozole, Almond Butter Baked Apples, How to Decrystallize Honey, Indian Eggplant Curry, Easy Miso Udon Soup, Greek Yogurt, Goulashesque Chicken Stew, Shrimp Creole, Healthy Cinnamon Sugar Chips, Pastel de Chocolate or Mexican Chocolate Cake

The Best Recipes, Food Photos and Post of 2012 from Spicie Foodie
Theses 12 are my favorite recipes that I shared in 2012. Some are for nostalgic reasons, others because of accomplishments, and well also because they tasted great too.

(My 12 Favorites – Top Left to Right) Tapas and Fruit Sangria, Easy Honey Olive Oil Bread, Indian-Mexican Fusion Pork Tacos, Ejotes con Huevos or Mexican Green Beans with Eggs, Jalapeno Plum Sauce & Spring Rolls, Curry Spiced Potato and Pumpkin Empanadas, Blueberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie, Stir Fried Asparagus, Lighter Gouda Mac & Cheese, Crisp Tuna Salad, Butternut Squash and Garbanzo Curry, Pepinos con Pepinos Con Chile y Limon Or Cucumbers with Chile and Lime

The Best Recipes, Food Photos and Post of 2012 from Spicie Foodie

It is extremely difficult choosing and judging my own work because often times I only see the flaws.  But I pushed myself to choose the 12 photos above. They are my favorites of 2012 for special reasons,  be it memories they provoke, the work, time and effort it took to shoot, and also because they were special foods.

(12 Favorite Photos- Top Left to Right) Fast & Easy Italian Meatballs, Sunday Snapshots: Shades of Plums, Mexican Cajeta (dulce de leche), Sunday Snapshots: My Indian Spice Lesson and Beluga Lentils with Curry Leaves, Blueberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie, Curry Spiced Potato and Pumpkin Empanadas, Apple and Coffee Pecan Quinoa Muffins, Cucumbers with Chile and Lime, Sunday Snapshots: Bread, Pasta, Olives and A Patty Pan Squash, Sunday Snapshots: A Silent Sunday and Two Garlic Photos, Sunday Snapshots: A Pear, A Lemon and A Lime, Crisp Tuna Salad

The Best Recipes, Food Photos and Post of 2012 from Spicie Foodie

I don’t only shoot food –I love pointing my camera at everything. I usually only share my non-food photos on Sunday Snapshots, the exception being the bottom center photo that was also part of a photo tutorial.

(Favorite 12 Non-Food Photos- Top Left to Right) Sunday Snapshots: Flowers in f/2.8, Postcards From Paris: La Tour Eiffel, Sunday Snapshots: Fire Breather, Postcards From Prague – Prague Castle, Sunday Snapshots: Spooning and Practicing Your Photography, Sunday Snapshots : Seashells, Diamonds, Flowers, and A Pepper

The Best Recipes, Food Photos and Post of 2012 from Spicie Foodie

I tend to keep most of my personal and private life private and don’t often share photos of my family. But this year I did share a few photos of  our two little cockatiels Joanie and Chachi. Every time I look at this photo it makes me smile. This is my favorite photo of our crazy little minions.

Yummy Pics: A Food Blogger’s Guide to Better Photos
One of the things I am most proud of from 2012 is Yummy Pics. It took 6 long and very busy months to complete the project. In the end my photography eBook is my biggest accomplishment and most priced work I completed in 2012. The cherry on top has been all the wonderful feedback and support I have received from you and the rest of the foodie community. From the bottom of my heart  -thank you!

To all of you who visit, read, comment, support, try out my recipes, and offer friendship, thank you for making another year of Spicie Foodie possible. I am so exciting and really looking forward to another calendar year of sharing. ~ Nancy

in Best Of,~ musings~

1 Rosa December 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

A wonderful year! Everything is magnificent. Keep up with the great work.

2 Spicie Foodie December 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Thank you so much Rosa!

3 claudia@Whats Cookin ITalian Cuisine December 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Beautiful job. Looking for ward to 2013 … you have a great collection here and an abundance of talent. Happy New Year!

4 Spicie Foodie December 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Grazie mille Claudia! Happy New Year and my very best wishes to you and yours. Hugs!

5 Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb December 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Your pictures are all amazing Nancy! My favorite ones are the Tapas (nice composition of colors), the pictures with spices, the spaghetti picture with the light/shadow extremes and the Prague Castle (it’s just amazing with the grey shades and few orange shades, the way the light is coming in, in general the furniture from another time).

I wish you a happy new year dear Nancy and I am looking forward to your new creations in 2013!

6 Spicie Foodie December 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Thank you so much Helene! Best wishes to you too and also looking forward to your 2013 recipes.

7 Manju December 26, 2012 at 5:31 PM

What a beautiful round-up….Loved every bit of it!

And really loved your Cockateils , even I own a male cockateil (named Spiky) :-)

Regards,
Manju

8 Spicie Foodie December 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Thank you Manju! Oh that’s great and you know how cute cockatiels are:)

9 Ramona December 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Nancy you are truly an inspiration to me when it comes to food and photography. You did such a wonderful job with your book… really amazing. I love all the round ups and favorites. Say hello to Joanie and Chachi… they are adorable. :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas yesterday and wishing you an amazing 2013!!

10 Spicie Foodie December 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Hi Ramona,
Thank you for always offering a kind word of support and encouragement. I will say hello to them for you;) We had a great Christmas and I hope you did as well. Best wishes to a grand 2013!

11 The Travelling Chopsticks December 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM

My favourite photo was of Joanie and Chachi as well :) What a lovely post – and I really like the idea of your 2012 round-up! Looking forward to what your going to make in 2013 :)

12 Spicie Foodie December 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Hehe, I’m sure they’d love to hear it too. Thanks Alex!:)

13 Suzanne Perazzini December 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM

It’s great to have it all summarised like this. That favourite food photo on the bottom right is super cute. And the bird one is wonderful.
I hope you had a great Christmas and that the New Year brings you all sorts of lovely things.

14 Spicie Foodie December 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hi Suzanne,
Thank you! We did and I hope you did as well. Best wishes for a fantastic 2013!

15 Eha December 27, 2012 at 3:46 AM

You make me smile in your memory land! When did I land on your site? Which were my favourites? [Can't pick :) !] Most all: thanks for the lessons and oh ‘Thanks for the memory’ [That one came before your time, but is singing in my head!]

16 Spicie Foodie December 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hi Eha,
Now I’ve got the song in my head too:) Not sure when you first stopped by, but its always a pleasure having you here.

17 Gina December 27, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Great choices for your favorites. I think all your photos are good, so it would be too hard for me to choose, but I do adore the minons! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and cheers to a wonderful New Year.
Hugs,
-Gina-

18 Spicie Foodie December 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Hi Gina,
Thanks! The minions are going to get a big head, lol:) I hope you too had a great Christmas. Best wishes for a fantastic 2012! xox

19 yummychunklet December 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Fantastic!

20 Spicie Foodie December 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Thank you!

21 Adele Forbes December 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I have to go with the Mexican Chocolate Cake…hands down for the recipe and for the picture I just really love the Greek Yogurt! Great job as always Nancy….

22 Spicie Foodie December 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Thank you Adele! Chocolate cake is pretty hard to resist;)

23 Laura (Tutti Dolci) December 27, 2012 at 10:28 PM

What a scrumptious round up, you continue to inspire me with each post! :)

24 Spicie Foodie December 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Thank you Laura:)!

25 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies December 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You accomplished so much in 2012! (And I love the Joanie & Chachie photo–adorable!) I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2013. You are amazingly talented, so I know whatever it is, it will be GOOD. :D Have a Happy New Year!

26 Spicie Foodie December 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Thank you so much Kiersten it means a lot. I’m looking forward to all of your work in 2013. Happy New Year and best wishes for a great 2012. :)

27 Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} December 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Thanks for the 2012 recap! I just recently started following your blog, so I can’t wait to go back through all these recipes and pictures.

28 Spicie Foodie December 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Hi Erica, My pleasure & best wishes for a fantastic 2013!

29 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen December 29, 2012 at 4:37 AM

And what a beautiful year it was, best wishes for a wonderful 2013!

30 Spicie Foodie December 29, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Thank you Sylvie! Best wishes for a great 2013

31 Phong Hong December 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

All wonderful and beautiful, Nancy! Have a great 2013!

32 Spicie Foodie December 29, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Thank you and best wishes to you!

33 Adora's Box December 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

You are such a talented photographer. It is nice to look back at the year and see what we have done so far. Isn’t it great that the blog catalogues our work for us? Am still tearing my hair out with photography and aspire to take photos like yours. Happy new year to you and your family, Nancy!

34 Spicie Foodie December 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Thank you so much Adora:) Keep up what you’re doing because I think your photography is beautiful. Best wishes to you and your!

35 Magic of Spice December 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

And what a beautiful year it has been!

36 Spicie Foodie December 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Thanks so much Alisha!

37 JulieD December 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Simply amazing and beautiful. Your photographs are just stunning!! Hope you have a have a wonderful 2013!!

38 Spicie Foodie December 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Thank you so much Julie. Happy New Year and my very best wishes for a fantastic 2013! :)