13 Healthy Recipes For A Healthy Start To 2013

Happy New Year!! I hope you had a great celebration.

A new year for many of us means it is time to get our waistlines back on track. I know many hear the “D” word and associate it with bad food, hunger pangs and deprivation. Eating healthier or being on a diet doesn’t have to mean any of that. Over the month of January I will be sharing my healthy eating tips to keep on track with our weight loss. But for now I leave you with these 13 healthy recipes for a healthy start to 2013. Enjoy!

How To Roast Oven Tomatoes by Spicie FoodieRoasted Tomatoes are a great snack and can also be added to sandwiches, pastas, noodles, rice or served on the side of lean meat dishes.

Indian Eggplant Curry, Vegan, Spicie Foodie Indian Eggplant Curry is a great vegan meal or can also be served as a side dish.

Authentic Mexican Red Chicken Pozole by Spicie Foodie; Red Chicken Pozole, this version is healthier than the standard pork pozole.

Ejotes Con Huevos, Mexican Green Beans with Eggs, Spicie FoodieEjotes con Huevos or Mexican Green Beans with Eggs, served with mashed pinto beans for a light meal.

Spicy Spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Spicie Foodie Spicy Spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, carbs are only bad in large serving sizes. This light pasta uses olive oil as the “sauce” and is healthier than cream based sauces.

Persimmon; Serrano Ham Salad by Spicie FoodiePersimmon, Avocado and Serrano Ham Salad, this salad has a little bit of everything. As long as you keep the ham and cheese to reasonable sizes the salad will stay healthy.

Spring Rolls with Plum Sauce,Spicie FoodieJalapeno Plum Sauce and Spring Rolls with Plum Sauce, great as a light meal or as a healthy snack. Tofu can be substituted with shrimp or chicken.

Thai Curried Fried Rice with Fish by Spicie FoodieThai Curried Fried Rice with Fish, don’t add too much oil to the rice to keep it healthy and light.

Pepinos Con Chile y Limon Or Cucumbers with Chile and Lime by spicie FoodiePepinos Con Chile y Limon Or Cucumbers with Chile and Lime (vegan), if you need a snack reach for these. The water content in the cucumbers keeps you full.

Homemade Non Separating Almond Milk, makes a great alternative to cow milk.

Bistec en Salsa Roja or Mexican Steak in Red Salsa by Spicie FoodieBistec en Salsa Roja (Steak in Red Salsa) use a lean cut of beef and cutaway any extra fat.

Easy Miso Udon Soup by Spicie FoodieEasy Miso Udon Soup, a great lunch or light dinner.

Easy Baked Apples with Almond Butter by Spicie FoodieAlmond Butter Baked Apples, for when you’re craving something sweet.

Yummy Pics: A Food Blogger's Guide to Better Photos, Photography eBook by Spicie Foodie

Comments

So many choices. It is such a feast for the eyes. I would probably try out those little wraps with the plum sauce. They look so pretty and sound delicious! Happy New Year to You and thanks for getting us all off to a healthy start!

This is a big hint for me… I need to start eating better after all the holiday indulgences. . Of course I’m still trying out recipes that are full of fat.. LOL! Wish I could just order one of these dishes for dinner tonight. :)

Hope your Day 2 of 2013 has been a blast. :)

Roasted tomatoes are looking particularly good! I have couple extra pounds after the holidays so I need healthy recipes. Thank you Nancy!

4. Eha says

Can you hear me clapping? What an appetizing collection of wonderful dishes none of which have anything to do with the ‘D’ word, probably the most stupid in the foodie lexicon! Impossible to keep, unhealthy, unenjoyable!!! Some of your more Mexican ones may not be on my current daily menu, but . . . With pasta . . . of course serving size is important, as it is for any food bar pure salad, but the choice of wholemeal, spelt, many Japanese varieties also leads one towards the good carb side!! Always keep away from anything white :) !

I’m gonna try the Eggplant Curry, Spring Rolls with Plum Sauce and Baked Apples. While I always love a good curry, I’m most excited about the Baked Apples, because the recipe I grew up on had so much sugar. The almond butter and its protein power has me over the moon! Thanks.

This is definitely a list of recipes that I need right now! The holidays were quite damaging to my waistline. :) Everywhere we went, people wanted to feed us! And what good food we had. Being with family, it was a lot of southern comfort food which means heavy, fatty, and delicious! Thanks for pulling this list together. Definitely will be grabbing a few of these for my menus over the next few weeks. Hope you had a great holiday! Happy new Year!

Trackbacks