Mandarin Ginger Tea By Candle Light and YBR Notice

**YBR PARTICIPANTS PLEASE READ THE NOTICE BELOW**

Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea  Recipe by Spicie Foodie

When the cold and icy winds of winter blow there is no better way to warm up than with a cup of tea.

Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea  Recipe by Spicie Foodie

You escape the chilling winds and falling snow by taking refuge inside your home. You grab that favorite sweater or the soft Pashmina scarf to wrap around yourself.

Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea  Recipe by Spicie Foodie

Patiently you wait for the kettle to whistle and signal warmth is only a cup of tea away.

Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea  Recipe by Spicie Foodie

This is no ordinary cup of tea. It is one full of warming flavours that are great for our bodies. Together the vitamin C from the mandarins and the ginger will help our bodies fight off infections. The fennel eases a cough and cures an upset stomach. The honey will sooth a sore throat. And the tea’s overall sweetness will comfort the soul….this is a tea most befitting to a snowy winter’s night

Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea  Recipe by Spicie Foodie

5.0 from 9 reviews
Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Mandarin Orange Ginger Tea spiced with fennel seeds and sweetened with honey. This cold and flu fighting tea will keep your body warm and healthy this winter.
Author:
Recipe type: Drink, Tea, Warm Drinks
Cuisine: Asian, Vegan
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 2 large mandarin oranges, juiced
  • zest from 1 mandarin
  • thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into 4 pieces
  • 6 cups or 1.5 liter water
  • 1 tsp whole fennel seeds
  • honey to taste
Instructions
  1. In a large pot place all ingredients except the honey. Cover, simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or longer if desired. Add honey to taste and turn off heat. Allow to cool down slightly. Strain into tea pot or tea cups. Serve with a slice of mandarin if desired.
Notes
Tips: -For a caffeinated version loose black tea may be added to the pot after 10 minutes of simmering. Allow tea to steep for 5 minutes before adding honey and straining. - For a different taste substitute the mandarins with lemon. - Can also be served cold over ice cubes. - Feel free to adjust ingredient amounts and simmering time.

One really great thing about making teas like this one at home is that we can easily adjust it to fit our tastes. Feel free to play with the ingredient amounts and simmering times. When I want extra gingery taste I simmer longer and perhaps add a bit more ginger. Have fun and experiment!

Mandarin (Orange) Ginger Tea  Recipe by Spicie Foodie

It’s warming, sweet and delicious to the last drop. Go on make yourself a cup to warm your body and soul.

**IF YOU PARTICIPATE IN YBR ROUNDUPS PLEASE READ THIS**

Effective this month, January, YBR will be undergoing some changes. The first change is that the Honest Cooking feature will no longer be offered. I will be in contact with the 3 winners who never got their Honest Cooking feature.

The second change is from now on a very exciting price will be awarded to one lucky YBR participant. Every month I will randomly choose one participant for a special feature. The winner will have a month of free advertisement on Spicie Foodie. This means the winner’s blog logo/banner will be showcased under the “Featured YBR Winner” section in the sidebar. The logo/banner will link to the winner’s blog as well as be repeatedly broadcasted to the thousands of Spicie Foodie social media followers and YBR newsletter subscribers. It is a great opportunity for the winner as they will be exposed to a new audience.

In the mean time it’s time to signup for another YBR. Come add your name to January’s participants list and enter the draw. (round up is January 31st)

Thank you for being a part of another YBR!

Yummy Pics: A Food Blogger's Guide to Better Photos, Photography eBook by Spicie Foodie

Comments

Hi Cheri! Sorry about that I accidently deleted it when I updated the “Notes” section. Thanks for catching the mistake.:)

And it’s 1 thumb sized piece, peeled and sliced into 4 parts.

1. Dave Vigliotti says

Perhaps I missed it but besides in the title I do not see Ginger mentioned anywhere else — instructions, ingredients… How much ginger are you using? for how long and when. Thanks for the great combos tho. It sounds delicious and I am picking up some mandarins while I am at the market today.

Hi Dave,

No you didn’t it was my mistake as I accidently deleted it. I use a thumb sized piece, peeled, and sliced into 4 pieces. The simmering time is 10 minutes. Everyone’s tastes are different so do feel free to adjust the ingredients amounts and simmering time. ;)

Thanks for catching my error!

Great tea and so warming! Quick question about YBR. I just submitted my first entry (yeah!) and added the badge and link to my recipe but I wasn’t sure what page to actually link to for the badge. I chose the YBR default page – is that correct? Thanks Nancy!

Hi Nancy! I just dried a plate of tangerine peels to add to my tea- I feel like we are on the same wave length! This is such a cozy post to read on a Winter’s day;-)
    Loving your spiced tea and your beautiful photos;-)

I have been drinking tea non-stop the last few months, I think I need to spice it up and try something new. Love that you were having fun with the photos. Hope you are staying warm over there. Let’s cross our fingers and toes and whatever else we can Spring will be here sooner rather than later.
    Hugs,
    -Gina-

Living in Scotland tea- drinking is practically a law. I prefer real fruit & herb teas rather than bags & this sounds a wonderful one to try. I am also adding Clementine peel to my lentil soup – after eating the fruit of course.

Nancy, what a warm and soothing tea! Mandarin oranges are aplenty right now due to the coming Chinese New Year. I’m not much of a warm drink person, preferring cold drinks instead. But I do appreciate hot drinks once in a while especially when I am having a cold or cough as it is soothing to the throat.

This looks like just the thing for these “frosty” nights. I wonder if I can find mandarins at the market. would clementines work? The French seem to have a thing for clementines.

oo exciting changes to ybr! i love that feature. this recipe looks so nice – perfect for january, and just when i’m fending off a cold too.

I know you’ve read this a hundred times, but I have to say it again – your photos are gorgeous!!! I can smell and taste this wonderful tea and yes, it definitely would be a perfect tea for a cold winter’s night. It’s refreshing as well as comforting.

10. leanne says

Hi i have laryngitis and have read all these things are a good home remidy for it so will be trying it in a bit thanks.

Trackbacks