Men in Tight Uniforms and Yummy Super Bowl Eats

by Spicie Foodie on January 25, 2013

Next Sunday, February 3, in the city of New Orleans there will be a gathering of men in tight uniforms. They will be there to play a game called “football”. This game is played on a large green field that is decorated with a bunch of white lines and numbers…I think they have to do math or something. So then these guys who have tight butts squeeze into tighter uniforms and put on some funny hats so they can smash into each other. But they are tricked as there is this one guy running away with a funny looking thing called a ball -which isn’t even round it’s oblong??? The guy with the ball is rammed into the ground by some other guys which usually turns into a pile up of hot guys. Sometimes there are other ones that come flying into the pile up. Then a whistle blows and it starts all over again. Numbers are also put on some board and the crowd begins cheering or booing. Basically that’s how you play football…oh yeah then in the middle of the game they bring out pop stars to sing and dance around in skimpy outfits. There’s confetti, ass smacking, and one of the teams is given a metal ball on top of another metal thingy.

Okay so as you can see I know absolutely nothing about football. I’ve never been a football fan and have only watched one Super Bowl game. I was bored by the game and sorely let down by the half time show. For me the only good thing was having yummy nibbles to munch on during game. I know many of you are fans and will be hosting parties next weekend. So I want to share some yummy eats for you to serve at your parties. Enjoy and have a great time!

Sandwiches & Tacos

- Fast and Easy Italian Meatballs (can be served on a platter or made into sandwiches.)
- Enchilada Style Chimichangas
- Mexican Pork Cutlet Sandwiches
- Chicken Shawarma Wraps
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Jalapeno Portobello “Steak” Wraps (Vegan with Beef Steak Option)
- Lamb Burgers with Grilled Onions
- Mini Pork, Grilled Onions & Blue Cheese Sandwiches
- Hubby’s Grilled Bratwurst and Sauerkraut Sandwich
- Tacos Al Pastor
- Chicken or Pork Taqutios

Small Bites

- Spanish Tapas
- Sumptuous Fried Eggplant (Vegetarian)
- Crispy Zucchini Coins
- Chorizo Stuffed Potatoes
- Popcorn with Hot Sauce

Salsas & Dips

- Mexican Salsa ~ Salsa Fresca ~ Pico de Gallo
- Watermelon Feta Salsa with Fresh Horseradish
- Guacamole
- Yellow Split Pea Dip
- Hummus (with out Tahini)

Drinks & Desserts

- Celebratory Micheladas or Mexican Beer Cocktails
- Fruit Sangria
- Lemongrass and Pandan Lemonade
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
- Mexican Chocolate Cake

To Honor The Super Bowl Host City

- Shrimp Creole Inspired by Emeril Lagasse

Have a great weekend everyone! Don’t forget to signup to January’s YBR.

Yummy Pics: A Food Blogger's Guide to Better Photos, Photography eBook by Spicie Foodie

in American

1 Rosa January 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM

A lovely collection of recipes! Have fun watching the super bowl.

2 Mike (Amelia's Spicing Pecans) January 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Nancy,
You continue to amaze and delight! An entire vast selection of game time foods, as well as w thorough understanding of the game itself. And now we all walk away winners. Thanks again, and again again.

3 Laura (Tutti Dolci) January 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Great round-up of eats, I think we need to have the party at your house ;).

4 Patty January 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

You may not know about American football but you sure do know how to serve up the eats at half time!!!!!!

5 Angie@Angie's Recipes January 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Know nothing about American football either, but I do enjoy the super bowl eats.
Thanks, Nancy, for the button link.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Angie

6 Ramona January 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Omg… popcorn with hot sauce… I’m all over that one. :) I would eat any one of these… men in tight uniforms are not necessary. :)

7 Victoria of Flavors of the Sun January 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Great round-up. And now I am positively craving Italian meatballs!

8 Judy @Savoring Today January 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Who wouldn’t want that meatball sandwich?! My mouth is watering it all sounds so good. We will actually be traveling that weekend, so there will be no Super Bowl party at our house this year. :( Great collection of good eats, Nancy!

9 My Kitchen Stories January 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Well nancy, I wouldn’t come to you for a run down on the game , but you sure are useful when I want to know what to eat. Enjoy the tight pants, oops sorry I ment football.

10 yummychunklet January 27, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I’ll take that meatball sub for myself!

11 Lea Ann (Cooking on the Ranch) January 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I feel the same way about soccer. And with soccer you don’t even get to have a party and serve up wonderful food. This all looks wonderful Nancy. I’d like a big bag of that popcorn and that sandwich please.

12 Nami | Just One Cookbook January 28, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I go to a superbowl party TO EAT. ;) I wish you host a party so we can chat and eat YOUR delicious food while boys watch the game.

13 wok with ray January 28, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hmmm, I’ll take the Corona, and the sandwich that looks so good. Like you, I just enjoy the food and not much the game. Have a good week, Nancy! :)

14 mjskit January 29, 2013 at 5:44 AM

I have to admit that I do know a lot about football. At lot more than you, but then that’s not very hard based on your description. :) I grew up in a football household. We watched it every Saturday and Sunday, all day New Year’s day – anytime a game was on – college or pro. I have to admit that I acquire a lot of it. It has changed over the years, but I do still enjoy it just not quite so fanatical. :) What a great line-up of football goodies!!

15 Adele Forbes January 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Absolutely funny and brilliant work here…..and hot sauce popcorn….I ain’t never….but I’m fixing to