Happy Sunday everyone! As you can see instead of snapshots I have a recipe for you today. It’s been a very busy week with little spare time. On top of that my husband has been ill with a cold and I’ve just begun feeling the effects. I’m hoping I can will it away…we’ll see what happens. So because I’m not feeling too good right now I’m keeping it super short.
- 1 cup or 180g coarse bulgur*
- half of small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- large handful of chopped parsley**
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, once warm add the onion and saute until soft. Next add the bulgur and cook for 3 minutes while stirring often. Add the garlic and saute for another minute, then add the turmeric and mix into the ingredients. Pour the broth and salt into the saucepan. Cove and simmer under low heat for about 15-20 minute or until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Right before serving toss in parsley and pour in lemon juice. Gently stir until well combined. Serve as side dish or vegan meal.
Have a great Sunday and week ahead. And don’t forget to sing up for January’s YBR round. Remember the winner’s blog will receive a special feature.