14 Healthy Recipes For A Healthy Start To 2014

by Spicie Foodie on January 1, 2014

Happy New Year amigos! I hope 2014 has started out, and will continue to be, great for all of you.

The holiday season is finally over and that means getting back on track with healthy eating. I’m beginning to put together many healthy and delicious recipe to help us all stay healthy in 2014, and will be sharing them in the weeks and months to come. For right now I want to share these 14 healthy recipes to get our year off to a super healthy and yummy start. Remember eating better doesn’t mean sacrificing great taste.

Enjoy and have a wonderful 1st day of the year!

Creamy Polenta with Roasted Vegetables and Garlic Creamed Spinach by @SpicieFoodie
Creamy Polenta with Roasted Vegetables and Garlic Creamed Spinach

Potato and Yellow Split Pea Curry by @SpicieFoodie
Potato and Yellow Split Pea Curry

Steak and Cremini Mushroom Orzo Pilaf (Vegetarian Option)
Steak and Cremini Mushroom Orzo Pilaf (with vegetarian option)

Spicy Apple Goat Cheese Galette by @SpicieFoodie
Spicy Apple and Goat Cheese Galette

Asian Spiced Fish Stew: This is Not Jjigae by@SpicieFoodie
Asian Spiced Fish Stew: This is Not Jjigae

urmeric and Vegetable Millet: Gluten Free by @SpicieFoodie
Turmeric and Vegetable Millet: Gluten Free

Lentils Spiced with Juniper Berries and Topped with Grilled Bavarian Sausage by @SpicieFoodie
Lentils Spiced with Juniper Berries and Topped with Grilled Bavarian Sausages

Lemon, Garlic and Fresh Herbes de’Provence Roasted Chicken by @SpicieFoodie
Lemon, Garlic and Fresh Herbes de’Provence Roasted Chicken

Enfrijoladas de Pollo or Chicken Enfrijoladas by @SpicieFoodie
Enfrijoladas de Pollo or Chicken Enfrijoladas

Jalapeno Spiced Mexican Zucchini and Corn Topped with a Fried Egg by @SpicieFoodie
Jalapeno Spiced Mexican Zucchini and Corn Topped with a Fried Egg

Spicy, Garlicky and Lemony Broccoli by @SpicieFoodie
Spicy, Garlicky and Lemony Broccoli

Curried Oyster Mushrooms with Snow Peas
Curried Oyster Mushrooms with Snow Peas

Caribbean Yellowtail Snapper: Cooked with coconut oil, serrano peppers, garlic and served with corn tortillas by @SpicieFoodie
Fish Cooked with coconut oil, serrano peppers, garlic and served with corn tortillas

Spicy Lemongrass Chicken Noodle Soup by @SpicieFoodie
Spicy Lemongrass Chicken Noodle Soup or try my Chicken Pho

in Health-Beauty

1 GourmetGetaways January 1, 2014 at 2:37 PM

What a delicious start to 2014, I would happily try all of these dishes.
Have a great New Year!

2 Spicie Foodie January 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Thank you Julie and Happy New Year!

3 Victoria of Flavors of the Sun January 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Another terrific roundup. I am ready for some enfrijoladas right now! Wishing you the best for 2014 and hoping you can now come for a visit to San Miguel.

4 Spicie Foodie January 1, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Enjoy your enfrijoladas, Victoria, and best wishes to you too. Definitely, I hope to visit you soon!

5 Joanne T Ferguson January 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM

G’day Nancy! Happy New Year to you and your family, true!
Hope 2014 is a good one for you and your blog too!
Cheers! Joanne

6 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Happy New Year Joanne! All my best for a fab 2014

7 Eha January 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM

So happy you published the roundup as I had missed some of these! Am especially interested in your vegetarian offerings ~ do love my meat but every time I learn to make another tasty, healthy, fun vegetarian meal my heart sings along with my tummy! A very happy New Year to you and yours!!!!

8 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Happy New Year Eha! I’m thrilled that you are enjoying cooking vegetarian meals, I too like meat but it’s a nice change to go meatless.

9 La Torontoise January 2, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Dear Nancy,

I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, full of all those things that matter most to you!

Your blog made a difference to my life, as I’m a busy mother, with a full-time job, very hectic at times and I’m also very conscious about fresh food, organic and well-prepared. I learn a lot from your recipes and from your photography! Keep the good work!!

I’m privileged to be with the family always at Christmas in the South of France, enjoying the richness of the French cooking traditions and making my own interpretations of the ingredients of the season. Your recipes come very handy in the process: -)

All the best!

10 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Thank you so much and I’m thrilled that my recipes have made a difference in your life. Sending you all my very best for a fantastic 2014. Hugs!

11 Arthur in the Garden! January 2, 2014 at 8:30 AM

So good and yummy!

12 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Thanks Arthur!

13 Ramona January 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I need to get on the healthy eating bandwagon… these dishes all look wonderful. Hope your first days of 2014 have been wonderful.

14 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Thank you Ramona! I also hope 2014 has started out great for you and your family.

15 mjskit January 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Another great list! The Chicken Enfrijoladas just got put on the menu for next week! Thanks! Happy New Year!

16 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Happy New Year friend! Thank you MJ, and enjoy the enfrijoladas:)

17 Laura (Tutti Dolci) January 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM

A wonderful collection of healthy recipes. Happy New Year, Nancy! :)

18 Spicie Foodie January 5, 2014 at 6:10 PM