30 Egg Recipes for #MeatlessMonday

by Spicie Foodie on August 11, 2014

30 Egg Recipes for #MeatlessMonday on @SpicieFoodie | #meatfree #vegetarian #eggrecipes

Going meat free on Mondays is a very easy thing to do. I think many haven’t taken the meatless leap because they’re afraid they’ll be hungry all day. Not so. All we need is a bit of protein to say satiated — and there are so many vegetarian and vegan sources of protein!

Did you know that eggs are a great meat substitute for Meatless Mondays? They are. And since they are a protein they’ll help you feel full longer than you would just eating fruits and vegetables. (Legumes are very filling but we’ll talk about them another time.) Here are 30 egg recipes that I hope will inspire you to go meatless one day of the week. Enjoy!

From the Spicie Foodie archives

Hardboiled Eggs

Perfect Scrambled Eggs

Thutilinanga Indonesian Chili Fried Eggplants/Aubergine

Classic Egg Salad

Asparagus Goat Cheese Tart

Pain Perdu or French Toast

Cleo’s Frittata

Quail Eggs, Korean Kimchi and Potato Pancakes

Flourless Spinach and Tomato Egg Muffins

Jalapeño Spiced Mexican Zucchini and Corn Topped with a Fried Egg

Banana-Hemp Pancakes (Eggs are a big component of the recipe)

Hemp-Whole Grain Oat Flour Crepes with A Fried Egg

Ejotes con Huevos or Green Beans with Eggs

Don’t forget dessert: Baked Custard

The following recipes are by foodie friends.

Vegetable Frittata by Lemons and Anchovies

Chinese Tea Eggs by Everyday Maven

Egg Curry by Indian Simmer

Tamagoyaki (Japanese Rolled Omelette) by Just One Cookbook

Healthy Refried Bean Breakfast Bowl by Jeanette’s Heatlhy Living

Flourless Spinach and Tomato Egg Muffins for #MeatlessMonday on @SpicieFoodie | #vegetarian #eggrecipes #flourless

Mote pillo or Ecuadorian hominy with eggs by Laylita’s Recipes

Revoltillo de huevos (Scrambled eggs a la dominicana) by Aunt Clara’s Kitchen

Cauliflower Potato Egg Bake by Masala Herb

Cheesy Baked Egg Toast by Crazy Adventures in Parenting

Scrambled Egg Wrap Recipe with Spinach, Tomato & Feta Cheese by Cookin’ Canuck

Wasabi Mayo Deviled Eggs by Curry and Comfort

Sweet Coconut Scrambled Eggs on Toast by Family Fresh Cooking

Eggs Baked in Portobello Mushrooms by Healthy Recipes

Southwestern Migas (Scrambled Eggs, Green Chile and Tortillas) by MJ’s Kitchen

Millet Cakes with Roasted Veggies and Poached Eggs by What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today

Eggs Benedict with Avocado and Roasted Red Pepper by Kare Raye for Oh My Veggies

Marilyn's Baked Custard Recipe  | #custard #bakedcustard #dessert #eggs #milk #eggs

in Eggs,Meatless Mondays

1 Rosa August 11, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Wonderful! Eggs are so versatile, healthy and delicious.

2 Spicie Foodie August 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM

They really are, thank you Rosa!

3 Cookin Canuck August 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM

We go through so many eggs each week, making both breakfast and dinner dishes. There are some fantastic ideas on this list! Thanks so much for including one of mine.

4 Spicie Foodie August 11, 2014 at 11:36 AM

That’s great Dara, I love eggs for all three meals too…and desserts, so glad to hear you do also! My pleasure, loved your recipe.

5 Victoria of Flavors of the Sun August 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM

What a terrific selection of meatless recipes. My husband and son are both vegetarians, but not vegan, so we go through an amazing number of eggs each week. I welcome this post and am flagging it for reference now!

6 Spicie Foodie August 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Thanks so much Victoria. I can imagine how many, I love eggs so I could never go vegan.;)

7 Alyssa (Everyday Maven) August 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM

We eat a lot of eggs and it can get boring. This is such great inspiration to keep mixing it up. Thanks for including my Chinese Tea Eggs! :)

8 Spicie Foodie August 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I agree, it can get boring but that’s why I did this roundup so I too could be inspired. Hehe!:) My pleasure I love your recipe and can’t wait to give them a try.

9 mjskit August 11, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Meatless Monday has become a standard in our house so I really appreciate this varied list of delicious egg recipes! And thanks for including my migas.

10 Spicie Foodie August 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM

That’s great MJ! We also enjoy our meatless meals. Loved your migas recipes:)

11 Eha August 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

A post I am ticking also as a quick read-thru’ has brought up quite a few recipes which need a closer look and try! Am laughing as have a potful of eggs slowly getting hard at the moment: I love to make curried egg pate using yogurt to make a very healthy breakfast spread for my toast!! Delightful this came up now :) !

12 Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen August 12, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Hi Nancy, Eggs are the one thing I always make sure to have plenty of. No picnic, in my opinion, is complete without a hard boiled egg dipped in salt and you cannot beat an egg salad or a runny boiled egg with soldiers. I am going to have to work my way through these egg-cellent recipes :) What an egg-citing round up (sorry couldn’t resist the eggy puns).

13 Nami | Just One Cookbook August 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Hi Nancy! So sorry to be here late, but I want to thank you for including my Tamagoyaki recipe! I love eggs and these 30 recipes are awesome! Your photography is amazing! I wish I can take such a dramatic shot for eggs.

14 Sandra August 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I don’t eat nearly the amount of eggs I should. When I do have them I only have the whites. These dishes look and sound so good I may have to rethink that option.

15 Ramona August 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM

We love egg dishes here….these look great!

16 Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living August 24, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Loving all these meatless egg recipes! Can’t wait to try so many of these. Thanks so much for including me!

17 Victoria of Flavors of the Sun September 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I love it when you do these terrific round-ups. So inspiring.