Smoothies are such a great way to get some energy into your body. They are perfect in the morning, before or after a workout, or as a midday pick-me-up snack. All of those fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins and minerals, which means nothing but good things for our bodies.
Lately I’ve been sticking with this simple smoothie, and I can’t seem to get enough of it. It is so easy to blend up, and because it has been so scorching hot here, it’s one of the ways I’ve been keeping my body cool. To give me that little extra energy I love adding some matcha tea powder — which actually has many health benefits aside from providing energy. The combination is naturally sweet, a tad tart from the berries, and you really can’t taste the kale — not that that would be a bad thing. Okay, check out the ingredients list below and blend yourself one!
- .5 cup of filtered water
- 1.5 cups of frozen berry mix (or you can also use just blueberries or even strawberries)
- 1 cup of roughly chopped kale (make sure to remove the stems first)
- 1.5 teaspoons of matcha powder
- (I don't add a sweetener but you can if you'd like)
- To make the smoothie in a standard blender it is best to layer the ingredients as follows: First add the water, then the berries, then the kale, matcha and sweetener if using. I start off by pulsing a little bit just to help everything break down first before just leaving to blend until fully smooth. Of course if you have a blender like a Blendtec you can just blend it in one go. (Makes one large serving)