If you browse my archives you’ll notice that my salad recipes are quite simple. I don’t need much in a salad to satisfy my salad craving.
The way I build my salads is almost always based on colours, how vibrant (pretty) they’ll look on the plate.
This simple green salad you see before you is quite basic, but very delicious and satisfying. The greens I used were baby spinach and kale. We don’t see much kale around here, but when it’s available I snatch it up and devour it. For protein I included some hardboiled eggs. And the dressing was nothing more than an oil-vinager combination. Though the vinegar is quite a special one: It is a balsamic vinegar infused with cranberries. The taste is amazing and if you have it available in your local stores I highly suggest purchasing a bottle.
- kale leaves
- baby spinach
- carrot, shredded or in long thin ribbons
- hardboiled eggs, cut into quarters (use my recipe to get perfect hardboiled eggs)
- one tablespoon of cranberry balsamic vinegar
- two tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- pinch of fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly clean and dry the greens, boil the eggs and cool them before using, prepare the carrot and dressing.
- Place all of the ingredients in a jar (or container) with a lid and shake vigorously. Drizzle over the salad.
This vibrant green salad was my easy and healthy lunch. But just to complete the meal a bit more, I drank that gorgeous green smoothie you see in the background. The drink has a special touch, and to find out what it is you’ll have to go get the recipe on my Spicy Food column. Enjoy it!
Don’t forget to enter the Singley’s Pecan Perfections giveaway! Do so here.